What is the maximum difference in age between you and a date?

Let's make this the question: who would consider dating a girl or guy who is more than 10 years younger or older than you?

Most Helpful Girl

• for me, 10 years older is the maximum, and 2 or 3 years younger, depending on his maturity.

• Vielen dank und gr?sse aus Belgien!

Kind thanks for your opinion Daph! I've selected your answer as the best one.

• Ach hallo an Belgien! And thank you! =)

What Girls Said 12

• No ... because a guy who is 10 years younger then me would still be in his teens and that's gross. A man 10 years older then me I would defenitly date if he were someone I was interested in.

• Ive never dated anyone 10 years younger, but a would give him 2-3 dates to see how it goes. Men 10 years older than me tend to be complicated, at least its what I have seen.and seem unable to have fun because they appear to fear actually liking the girl for somrthing more thsn sex. That seems to terrify them. Younger guys are way less serious and can actually enjoy what they are doing, living the moment.

• Thanks for sharing that experience... Although I'm 38 I'm a bit unexperienced in terms of dating which makes me most grateful for feedback like yours!

Warm regards from Belgium.

• If it was not serious, I could date an man more than ten years older or a few years younger. But I could not imagine a serious relationship

• Thanks (ou un grand mer?i - je suis Belge)!

I'll post you a friendship request. Feel free to accept or not...

• No it wouldn't work for me, mainly because I have no desire to break in a 20yo and I don't have enough in common with people over 40

• Hello Jade, thanks for that answer! I'll post you a friendship request.

Would be nice to know someone literally on the other side of the globe (Belgium vs Australia)!

• 3 years is max

• I wouldn't usually date anyone who is older than 10 years or younger than 10 years, but sometimes it depends how much feelings you feel for the person. It's not worth dating them if they don't make you happy or make you feel specials.

• A year younger I could manage, but not more than that. I am in my early 20s, so it all comes down to maturity really. But I also couldn't date someone who's more than 10 years older, because they're in a different place in life.

• 10 years would be my limit. Guy being older of course.

• no

• Def not younger... maybe older but right now, no more than 5-7 years older because there's just that age gap, like he watches shows I've never heard of etc etc.

Maybe if I got older, I could go younger... How much younger, who knows lol.

• 5 years

• I dated a guy who was 4 years younger. And maximum is 5 years younger. About a guy being older- I guess maximum is 10 years. But if there is chemistry (extreme chemistry) max is 15 years. But I doubt it... Really...

What Guys Said 4

• The gap should be "half your age plus seven years" according to so-called experts. So therefore a 40 year old should not date younger than a 27 year old. And a twenty year old should not date younger than a 17 year old.

• Thanks for this scientific explanation! I thought the square root of my age times 4.2 was also involved :-)

• Bwahaha. I'm sure there are reference tables correcting for the phase of the moon, the mass of her a$$ and the angle of his dangle.

• I would, and have.

• Doesn't matter as long as your 18+.

I'll stick to my opinion.

• Agree more or less, if chemistry is there we should not waste it!

• Probably like 2 or 3 years