Is it normal to be completely uninterested in dating or relationships?

I'm 20 and have never had a boyfriend, done anything sexual, or even come close. The farthest I have got with guys are awkward half hugs lol. Most of my friends have boyfriends, have sex, or are really into dating/hooking up.

I tried to be into all that but I'm just not. I couldn't be less interested in guys or having a relationship. I'm straight and can recognize a good looking guy when I see one, but I have no desire for a boyfriend. I'm not even interested in flirting or getting to know new guys at all! Is anyone else out there like me? I'm not in relationships by choice, it seems like a lot of people who aren't in relationships becuase they can't find one or are actively looking for someone to date.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's entirely possible that you're just asexual/aromantic. While this is not particularly common, there are other people out there who are the same. Also, feel free to ignore anyone who tells you you just haven't met the right person or that you will eventually become interested in such relationships. While this may be true, you might also just be asexual, in which case you may just never experience those sorts of feelings. If you just google asexual or aromantic you can probably find plenty of resources and forums that can answer your questions and help you meet other people like you.

What Guys Said 3

• I wouldn't say it's the most common thing, but it's not necessarily bizarre... Some people are just more interested and focussed on other things. Personally I love relationships, but unlike many people (guys in particular) I'm not interested in just hooking up with a ton of girls. Even that slight difference isn't very common and many people do think it's weird that I'm not looking for no strings sex since it's apparently very common. I'd not worry about what is 'normal'.

• It's normal. I personally prefer hooking up right now without it leading to anything more.

Honestly, not everyone HAS to have somebody in their life. Some people like the peace. Being single has its perks. You don't have to explain yourself to anybody. You say you don't want it and move on.

• I find this shocking to believe especially since you are a girl

• well it's true!

• Yeah because normally if a girl is unable to get a relationship its because she chooses to be single but if a guy is unable to its because he's unable to get it

What Girls Said 3

• Its normal. You're still young too. I wouldn't stress it. The right guy will come a long and it'll either be the perfect timing or he'll make you change the way you view things and actually want a relationship.

• Congratulations you are sane! Well done, OK kidding. Seriously don't worry you are in a really good place, it's better to be happy in your life than jump into a relationship for the hell of it. At some point you'll meet someone and want to but it's normal to have periods in your life when you just want to do your own thing!

• It's just not your time yet.