Engaged/Married couples...is it possible to know/hope after a month and a half?

This is my first boyfriend. I'm 23 & he will be 23 in a couple months. He has had 2 girlfriends before me - both treated him like literal dogcrap. We "met" on an online dating website and talked on there for about a month. Then we first met at a NFL game (my folks had 4 tickets & I have no siblings - he had no objections to going with us!) We had a blast and went on a couple more dates before we became official. We've been official for about a month and a half...he already talks about...2-3 years down the road proposing/getting married and 2-3 years after that having kids! We both seem to have a good head on his shoulders - both know how to work for what we want, similar dreams of the future...we communicate well - talk about a lot of stuff & he's so patient with me. :)

What are some things that I can talk to him about to find out if he'd be a good hubby? I mean...we've only been going out for a month. all we see are good things. How can I see or get hint if "bad things" or "issues"?

Is it possible to have the "feeling" that you could spend the rest of your life with "this guy" so soon?

Most Helpful Guy

• well first just pump the brakes a bit. honestly I'm happy that you seem so happy and having been in bad relationships I can say yours sounds like it's a solid one moving in the right right direction...that said it ahs only been a few months so marriage should probably be a bit down the line.

that said envision what you want your future with your partner to be like nad you could just ask questions along those lines

examples:

would you want any potential wife to work or would you expect to stay at home?

think of things you want to do in your life and see if he wants to do similar things...travel, excercise, etc.

you just want to try and see if you long term ideas match, mesh or at least don't conflict with yours. all your goals may not be identical but if oyu start seeing lots of important similarities in your long term desires it's a good sign about your relationship...

another good test is when things go a bit rocky, which relationships inevitably wil, how the two of you are able to work through it. conflict resolution and dealing with tough scenarios are great for insight into how you two might work together through the ups and downs of life.

congrats on your new relationship. all the best for 2014...for some reason (maybe because 4 is my favorite number) I think 2014 is going to be a good year for everyone

What Guys Said 1

• I'm fairly experienced, and this girl I started dating (via a dating site) seemed to be so perfect.

After three months, I was in love. I couldn't even believe it was happening. She was in love too. We started to discuss about getting married, having kids (I mean, I couldn't even believe I would want kids. She was so astounding) in the future, building our future together, getting engaged in six months, and so on and so forth.

We had so many things in common. We had similar stories and passions. We were perfectly matched. After all these years of crappy dating, she finally was the one I had been waiting for all of my life. Or so I thought.

Because ten days later, we're broken up, because the mud started to show up, after I discovered something and she told me to piss off about it. And I'm incredibly sad now. The higher the expectation, the harder the fall.

So take things slow, and keep looking for any red flag that might occur. I'm not saying the same thing will happen to you. In my case, I had just refused to remember the classic saying :

"If it seems too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true".

What Girls Said 1

• Only time will tell. Right now you're at your "honeymoon stage" where everything the other person does is astounding, amazing and exciting, even if they're just picking their nose. Once you get comfortable and your feelings settle down, you'll start to notice his flaws more. Only then can you start weeding out the dealbreakers. This feeling you have is probably just you falling for him hard. I can't guarantee that it'll last forever, though.