I stay at home with my parents and feel insecure about dating. Advice?

I just turned 29 years old last month. I am in graduate school and will be graduating in the summer of 2014. My program is very demanding and I am now in the practice portion which takes up much of my time. It's pretty much like a full time job without any pay. I also have a small business which brings in SOME income, but not enough for me to live on my own. I CAN live on my own, but it just wouldn't be smart as I'd be relying strictly on my unpredictable small business. And even though I live at home, I'm not mooching off of my parents I still take care of my own bills,expenses, groceries and etc. I happen to have a luxury car that was a gift from my uncle TEN YEARS AGO and with the reactions I get, I still feel somewhat "judged" because I have this car and live at home.

Of course as woman I would like a man to have his stuff together, but I feel like me living at home is somewhat contradictory of what I want in a partner (if that makes sense). I have been on dates and the guys lived on their own and nothing came of it. One of them indirectly insulted me for it and I never heard from him again. I'm insecure about it to a point where I now just automatically turn guys down who ask me out just to avoid telling them I live at home and possibly getting rejected. So, guys who live on their own and have their stuff together, would it turn you off if you dated a woman who still lived at home? How should I go about dating again instead of being insecure about this?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're 29, you should be almost done with grad school and ready to start reaping the benefits of that investment...as long as it was in a field where you'll be able to command a nice income. Get to that, get settled into it and start on a nest egg. Once you're established, start worrying about finding a guy friend. It would suck to stop pushing after three decades of prep work just to chase a guy.

What Guys Said 1

• Normally it's worse for guys than it is for women who still love at home past a certain age.

What Girls Said 2

• If it bothers you that much, find roommates. You don't have to live on your own, but you can at least get out the house and avoid the embarrassment. Honestly, there is no reason for a 29 year old to still live at home.

• Room mates have given me bad experiences I'd rather live with family than strangers who aren't reliable when it comes to our bills.

• maybe you should speak to a therapist and be a bit open minded