Guys would you be deterred from dating or marrying a girl because of her education?

I am graduating law school but I don't like it. I don't want to work as a lawyer, I want to go back to school to get another degree. The law degree will not have me carrying a big debt so I can go back to school and the second degree I want will not be nearly as expensive as law school would be.

I want to get some kind of psychology or counseling degree whether it's becoming a clinical social worker or psychologist or counselor. That is my dream and I will be a much happier person doing what I enjoy.

Is it a deterrent to a guy if I go back to school? I may work for a while before going back to school or work part time and go to school part time, but I ultimately do not want to be a lawyer and I fully plan on pursuing a second degree.

Would this be a deterrent to guys? Would they prefer if I just got a job right out of school? Lawyers are often miserable people, work crazy hours, don't get paid that much for it (less than 10% of law graduates get high paying jobs) and from what I hear, most people hate lawyers anyway haha. I would think having a helping job that isn't as demanding or cutthroat would be more conducive to having a family one day. And it's also MY dream job.

Most Helpful Guy

• Aw, gee. You're way too smart for me. I'm looking for someone kinda, you know, dumb.

A deterrent? Hell no! So you have two degrees, or you're still in school getting a second degree. That shows determination and a sense of knowing yourself. Who wants to have a career they don't enjoy? I would have a lot if respect for you. I'd be afraid of you, but I'd respect you. Oops, did I said afraid? Yeah, not sure I'd want to be psychoanalyzed all the time by a girlfriend or wife. I get that enough, nonprofessionally. lol

You have your whole life ahead of you. Follow your dream. You'll be be much happier, believe me.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think guys would generally care. But as you said, this is YOUR dream...don't let what some random dude thinks about it deter you.

• No way

• no way what?

• If I cared for her, it wouldn't matter to me her level of education. It wouldn't make me any difference.

What Girls Said 2

• Your debt might be an issue.

Or the misery you might bring home from work.

• i said I don't have a lot of debt. and the second degree probably won't be very expensive. almost every job brings home some kind of misery, to be realistic here.

• I wouldn't date her ;P