Am I dating a sociopath?

We've known each other for less than two months. We're exclusive.

It all started as something special and really good.

Today he makes me wanna go, makes me feel like he doesn't give a shit about my feelings, always decides on what and when we do things, made me cry in our last argument, after which did nothing to console me. Never apologizes. Once I got my things to go and he said he was sorry and begged me to give him a chance, but then he only became worse, in less than a week, in other aspects.

It's New Year's Eve and I really wanted to go to this party. He wants us to go to his friend, in fact he already told that friend that we're going. I've never met this person, nor has he seen him in the last month. I compromised after a really long and annoying conversation and he still behaves as if I OWE him something. Doesn't appreciate me, or my decision.

He always says he cares for me, that he misses me a lot when I'm not there, but it feels to me like I'm kind of a possession to him, that type of care, not real care, when I cry, or hurt, or need help, or a hug, or understanding, or compromise.

How fast should I run...? Is there a way to deal with this inside the relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all if you even have to ask the question, that's a pretty good indicator that he is. These people have a sense of entitlement for accomplishing absolutely nothing. Its always about what they want and what you can do for them. I'm sure in the beginning he was all lovey dovey. But its only a matter of time before the mask falls off. You can't reason with him or compromise with these types and they only live to make your life miserable. I would go ahead and get out now. There's no reason to stretch out the abuse, and the longer your with him the more damage he will do to you and your self worth. Just focus on yourself and your goals, and be the best person you can be.

What Guys Said 2

• Runrunrunrunrun. He's extremely possessive to the point where it's dangerous. Even if he could change, he do so waaaaaaay before you should consider trying to be in a relationship with him.

• What "anonymous" said: . . . 'it never gets easier to leave'.

What Girls Said 4

• You are too old to be asking this question. You know better ! He is a controlling idiot. That verges on abuse. Run, don't walk to the nearest exit. Have some self esteem in yourself and never speak with him again. Move on.

• Run as fast as you can. He's one of those control freaks and you will suffer. Don't let him take over your life. Just go.

• What'd you do? I just started dating someone and I'm starting to wonder this too. I can't tell if he's a narcissistic snob or if he's truly a sociopath... I'm shocked by some of the things he says. I never know if he's serious or if he's kidding though. He's told me he's a bad person, very shallow and that all he cares about is making money... he'll never do anything for philanthropy. The other day he told me he'll always be nice and sweet to me, but not to other people. Creepy statements. After such great dates I get that... I've been weirded out since.

• he sounds narcissistic and controlling. you can't change him and he will not change. LEAVE. otherwise you will regret it. my mother ended up with a controlling man and it never gets easier to leave.