How well should you know a guy before having sex with them?

I know this guy but not too well and he wants to have sex with me should I have sex with him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps I'm old-fashioned in this, but, having sex with someone is not something usually taken as lightly as you seem to take it. Generally speaking, it's not something entered into with some "guy you know, but not too well". Guys of this nature I would normally think of as people to say "Hello" to, or maybe "How are you today", but definitely not "Please take of your pants and have sex with me". It's only my opinion, of course, but you might do well, to meet a nice young man, date him for a reasonable period of time, fall in love, get married, and then have sex. Many people these days choose to leave out step #4, and many others even leave out step #3. There are even a good number of folks who seem to liken sharing a bed with someone to sharing a Coke with them. But I advise strongly against just grabbing any old guy who walks by, and having sex with him. This is a habit you don't want to develop, as you will regret it later.

What Guys Said 8

• Looks like you think having sex with a guy is an activity at the same level as hanging out together, having dinner together etc. It is an intimate act that can have many ramifications:

- You could get an STD

- You could get pregnant

- The guy could be abusive and violent (since you would be in a private place together)

Also, this is supposed to be an act between two adults sharing a special reltionship like marriage (or at least love).

Please get this into your head. This will help you avoid a lot of heart burn and pain later.

• I think you should know a guy well enough to know whether or not you would want to marry him. In fact, I think you should marry him first if you plan on having sex with him.

• Atleast three months, first you have to assure the fact that he's not in the relationship just for sex, also make sure he wants to see you as much as you want to see him depending on how much you love each other. After a couple months if he has not cheated on you and you start to know him a lot and you get to the point where you'd want to be with him in the future, then you can share a night of intimacy with him.

• I don't think what matters is how long you have knon a guy. what matters is much you are atracted to him and how WELL you know. but the amount of time is pretty irrelevant.

• Depends what you want...

If you just want sex...sure go for it. But if you're looking for something more, he's probably not right.

• Depends if your easy...

• only if you want

• You should have sex with him when you can confidently answer that question.

What Girls Said 6

• it's a huge thing. and you sound unexperienced. there are a lot of consequences like the other user said. and you dont' even know this guy very well?

well what do you think?

if you dont' know someone too well, then why would you go as far as to have sex with them?

unless you're totally niave and infatuated with him?

it's common sense to wait and get to know the person first and to research what could happen and look at it from that perspective.

• Nope

• If you seriously have to ask this question then the answer should be an obvious "NO"

• you should know him very well, because you should be married to a guy when you have sex with him :)

• Unfortunately, you're part of a vanishing breed. No pun intended.

• nooo. he could be using you, or abusive. so many things could happen. not a good idea. have sex with the right person.

• You should know him pretty well. But when the time is right for yous to have sex, you will just know