Girls, what can I do, my date makes fun of me / puts me down in front of friends?

So I´m dating this girl and since I live alone near our Uni I have cooked for my girl quite often during the week.

I´m just a Southern boy who needs his food out here in NY so my mama taught me.

Now, after seemingly enjoying me cooking for her, she calls me a "housewife" "not a real man" etc. IN FRONT of our group of friends.

When I do not push back she says that this shows even more that I´m a "girl".

This behavior totally freaks me out since I did not expect the girl I was falling in love with to treat me this way and I do not want to overpower her in an argument.

Girls, do you think a talk can solve our issues/ any suggestions?

I am very sad and any help would make my day!

Hey Guys thanks so much, I will see her later today and try to talk it out since I was really falling for her. But I saw us as a unit / couple where we had each others backs and she does not act like that.

I´ll keep you posted.

Most Helpful Girl

• Has she always been one to say things like that? If not, I think that you would be able to solve things with a talk. However, if she's done stuff like this since you've known her it may be more difficult to fix things. I'd say the best thing would definitely be to talk it through. Good Luck!

What Girls Said 5

• This is a emotionally abusive relationship.

If you do not speak up, it will never end.

If even after you tell her how you feel she continues that behavior you need to leave her

• tell her you don't like it, if she cares about you she'll understand and quit it. if she cares about you but doesn't understand she'll still quit. how sad that she treats you like this, just straight out tell her. if she doesn't stop it then just break it off because that's not how you treat your boyfriend.

• Wow. All I can think is that she's a birch. Haha haha. Sorry but I'd dump her. She obviously needs a sharp reality check... ad maybe a kick in the pants

• Get rid of her! That is so cruel!

• dump her

What Guys Said 4

• Why would you want to date a girl who has no respect for you? Most girls would be thrilled to be with a guy who enjoys cooking for them, but that's not even on this girl's radar. If I were in your situation, I would stop dating her ASAP.

• I'm gonna be brutally honest with you since you seem a nice guy. The best she can be in your case is a succubus, everything else will hurt you even more. DON'T even think spending more energy on her. Just never see her again. Not because of this but the things she will probably do in the future.

• Dump her and find a woman that will appreciate you

• Yep dump her.