What should I do on a blind date?

Ok so I'm 14 and my friend is dating this guy and she wants me to go on a date with her and to date this guys Freind but I'm really worried I barely know this kid he goes to a different school and we've only texted he's also 16 and in really worried honestly I don't know what to do so this won't be awkward because every time I play itout in my head it's wrong so any advice would be awesome

Most Helpful Girl

• Look it as a group hangout. I know this feels like a huge deal, but know that stuff like this becomes fairly routine when you're older, and that you will meet lots of guys as time continues. Just relax as much as you can and have fun! Get ready with your friend, that way you can prepare beforehand.

I also feel the need to point out that while two years isn't much of a difference in the grand scheme of life, the maturity/ awareness level between a 14 year old and 16 year old is significant. That being said, know what you're comfortable with before you go out, and stick with that. Don't let anyone try to talk you into doing more than you want to do. You have every right to say no to any physical advances, and doing so does not make you a loser.

I'm not trying to mom you, but I felt the need to make sure that you know that...teenage boys can be stupid.

Relax, have fun, and know that this isn't the end all be all. :)

• Thank you honestly I was hoping for an answer like this everyone is saying 16 and 14 aren't far apart maybe to an adult for me it's a big deal and I am afraid hell try more then what I'm comfortable with so I really appreciate your answer it makes me feel a lot better about it

• You're so welcome! I was 14 not so long ago so I remember how difficult it can be! Good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• Just hang out as friends first with your other friend and her boyfriend present. Make it a double date. This will take the pressure off of you. 16 and 14 really isn't a big age difference. Ultimately don't do anything you are not comfortable with. Remember things are only awkward if you make them awkward. Try to relax a little bit and realize even if things don't work out there will be PLENTY of other guys out there.

What Girls Said 2

• Just relax once you see him and start talking the fear of the unknown will disappear.

1) Expect the worse so you won't be let down (personality and looks.) This may sound mean but it beats getting there and embarrassing yourself, the guy, or your friend.

2) Dress casual: This is not a job interview. Don't stress.

3)Don't be fake: Your friend will definitely know and he probably will too.

4) Be open to conversation: Try to jump in without interrupting and let it go from there.

5) If all else fails and the whole thing sucks just smile and look pretty. It will all be over soon, and then you can tell your friend she owes you.

• Just ask your friend to help you out and make sure that her and her boyfriend aren't all googly eyes and leaving you and the guy to be totally alone, because then you may feel awkward. Try to get everyone in a conversation first so you feel less awkward. Having your friend with you and talking to her too will most likely make you feel more comfortable. One you feel less awkward and more comfortable, just try to make small talk and ask him questions. Small talk can be awkward at first, but sometimes it's the only way to get a conversation started or to get to know someone. Ask him questions about himself and tell him things about yourself in return. Another thing to try that might make it be less awkward is to basically just act like you already know him. Also, if you think something awkward happened, just laugh it off. And remember, you don't have to do anything that you don't want to do. Good luck!