Ladies: Would this be a huge mistake or could you forgive me?

So me and this girl went on two dates back in High School and kissed but when she told me she loved me after only those dates I freaked and broke it off.

After this she wrote some really nice stuff in my yearbook.

In the two years since we had some occasional contact and saw each other a few times, it was a bit awkward but we kinda naturally get along.

So I'm feeling like I made a huge mistake and I want to see her again.

Question is would it be a good idea, do I even have the right to contact her or should I just leave her alone to not stir up old pain?

Thanks so much!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should try again with her. You were in high school and still young It would only be natural for someone to feel afraid at that age of the "L" word. And maybe you didn't feel the same at that time. Now that you are both older you can see if it was a real connection between you two. Good luck!

What Girls Said 5

• lol, by all means ask her out again. It was highschool, both of you have matured since then, I'm sure even she is somewhat embarrassed by her hasty confession.

if I were her, id actually feel relieved, now she’ll have new memories to think of you and not that time when this guy turned me down. I'm sure when you did that in hs, she felt insecure but now you can assure her there was nothing wrong with her, it was just too sudden

• I think you should speak to her about it via a Facebook or mobile message and tell her that you've been thinking about it a lot and that you really would like to see where it goes :) Tell her also that you understand that she needs time to think it through and stuff and give her her time! In my opinion I would be freaked too if someone told me they loved me after 2 dates cause I believe they're either playing me or they're naive cause you can't love someone after such a short time. It's understandable and if you still think it could work after such a long time then it probably will :)

• I think you should try! Just make sure you're being sincere and explain yourself. Good luck!

• I'd freak out too if someone told me they loved me after just two dates. Who does that? Anyway, try her again, but I'd go with caution, clingy girls tend to still be clingy wayyyyyy after high school

• I think it would be fine. You didn't really do anything wrong. Most people would be freaked out if someone told them "I love you" after only 2 dates. And she probably has realized by now that it was understandable for you to freak out.

What Guys Said 0