Which free online dating website should I join?

Since moving to the big city Orlando I have a lot more choices for dating websites now. I want to get a girlfriend and want to date offline too.

Which free online dating website actually works? Which free online dating website should I join?

• POF
  • Okcupid
  • Datehookup
  • Other (please explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• I met my wife about 8 years ago on PlentyOfFish. We've been married for 6+ years. It worked for us.

Best of luck.

• congratulations that's awesome that you were able to find a lasting relationship online!

What Girls Said 22

• I feel like it had no luck on POF, and on okcupid I just kept getting guys who just wanted to have sex. There were only two guys that were decent, one who it dated but is now a friend and the other I hoping will be more. I don't know anything about datehookup, but in my opinion, and in my case online dating didn't work for me. It could be different for you, I don't know. But in my opinion, finding someone the old fashioned way is the best despite how hard it can be at times. You just have to remember to put yourself out there.

• im pretty sure 99% of guys just want sex, at first. Youd be naive if you thought otherwise.

• I knew that going on in, like I said in my answer there were two decent guys out of the dozens I talked to.

• hows about NONE because dating sites are stupid?:)

• Don't knock it til you try it.

• lol its my opinion y'all

• I tried both POF and OKCupid when I was single and neither of them ever really panned out for me... but I found that just the sheer volume of users on POF made for better chances than OKCupid. Plus, personally, I found the guys on OKCupid to be generally far more desperate than the guys on POF. To be sure, there are desperate dudes on both sites, but I found them to be the majority of the male users on OKC, whereas POF seems to be more like an online inventory of single people in your area... basically, everyone is on it and a lot of people don't take it all that seriously, but just sorta have a profile as just one more potential way of meeting someone.

• Have a page on all of them whilst still meeting people in the day as well. Maximise the chances of meeting someone and starting a relationship.

• thats a great answer. Dating sites all have very different interfaces and user-base personalities

• meet people in real life hang out at pubs, cafes, with friends or shopping mall your likely to meet someone

• Joining a dating site can only INCREASE the ability to find dating prospects... I don't see a negative if the dating site is free.

• I meet my fiance three years ago on Okcupid.com and he is the best guy I could ever ask for. I can't wait for us to be together for the rest of our lives.

• I met my husband on POF.

Each website will tell you that they are the best, but it all depends on who you connect with. I wouldn't go out and have 5 different dating profiles, but pick one and try it out for a month or two. If things aren't happening, then cancel the account and open up a new one on a different site.

• I find dating sites to be a waste of time, I found a true friend on a social network site and I couldn't have been more happier

• Met my boyfriend on POF. Never in a million years thought it would have worked. I'm in Cosmetology school and 4 other girls in my class also met their boyfriends on POF. They talked me into it and I'm so glad I did. I went on a date within the first week, but there wasn't much chemistry for me. Within 3 weeks met my boyfriend and never looked back. You just have to be straightforward and know exactly what you want. Good luck! :)

• Ok Cupid would be best IMO

• Depends on what you are looking for. OK Cupid, Pof, fling good for hook up. Match, chemistry, good for relationship.

• I've had luck with POF and OKcupid. I met my current boyfriend on OKC.

• okcupid.com is cool and they have real live events for members so you can meet in real life in a group setting

also any site under worldsingles.com I am on on of their sites and I love it

• Pof is what I chose but okcupid is fine too. Met some nice guys off both

• I used POF with no results (: though I`m quite pretty. Now I`m trying other dating sites in hopes to find my soulmate. Meanwhile, I like everything about online dating websites.

• POF.

• I chose other, because right now, I don't have any intentions joining a dating website:-)

• We are pretty partial to Fling.com haha Give it a try.There's Also Fling.Me.

• Go out there and meet real people.I don't believe in online dating.

• Tinder

• There is a really good website I heard of called - oasis dating - and it is totally free to talk to people and upload a pic so you have nothing to loose, Good luck

• PLENTYOFFISH

• Def POF

What Guys Said 26

• Can't really vote because I am going to say 2 options. POF and OKC. Just make profiles on both. Do NOT go paid like others may suggest. Waste of money.

I don't suggest going around heavily messaging users on it though. Just have a good profile and meet people as you see them and when you get home, maybe you'll have a message waiting for ya. With the reply rate of girls so low due to the volume of messages they get, don't go around messaging much. Just do something like message a quiver match every so often expecting no reply and if she does, get her number and schedule a meet. Don't email a lot! Most girls only want attention and you'll be aimlessly boosting a girl's ego for no reason and never meet her.

If a girl has a problem giving her number out, stop replying and assume she has social issues and phobias like a lot of girls do on those sites. The amount of guys that do extreme stuff like "stalking" is blown out of proportion and mostly due to girls not having common sense and giving away actual personal information like where they work instead of just texting to meet up somewhere and meeting like that. Plus honestly, girls get off to those stalkers and stuff too. One told me she got followed to her job and she was smiling ear to ear as she told me this!

POF throws more users at you but OKC has more in depth profile options to focus on to know a match better.

Datehookup is honestly... a waste. Horrible format and doesn't really work.

• I have used both POF and OK Cupid. Both have there positives and a ton of negatives.

Ok Cupid you can filter out people with the questions to fit what you are looking for. Down side I notice women list every single thing that they don't agree with as important.There's was a question asking which is bigger the sun or the earth and I answered the sun and she answered earth and then marked it as mandatory that her match answers earth as well lol. Also the numbers can be deceiving since people can just skit controversial questions and answer ones you have a good idea what everyone's response is. I would say the site is pretty decent though in being able to get women to talk to you, it's been like half the time they will then half the time they won't. The real trick is getting a girl to seem interest once she begins to talk to you, it seems like I have to constantly ask them questions and they never ask me anything. Also I have had a few girls message me first which was very nice but often times they are like the polar opposite of me and I wonder if they even looked at my profile. Also there is some quickmatch crap that keeps telling you everytime a girl rates you high but you can't see who the person is unless you pay them, which is kind of a sick form of extortion lol.

As for POF it is a lot more simple than OK Cupid. You just fill out the basics and look around. It can actually be better because it adds a little mystery when meeting someone compared to knowing everything about them. To me though the women of OK Cupid come off as more desirable for the most part. I meet some off of POF who a little while back who posted really just basic info and only posted photos of herself from 5 years ago. Kind of a shock when I meet them not to mention she was very rude. To be honest I hardly every get women to even check out my profile on POF like OK Cupid, not to mention the success rate is far less. It's about 20% chance the person will respond to you, and even then it's the same thing where I constantly have to ask them questions until they finally just stop responding.

Good luck no mater which site you pick it is going to be a struggle, because your dealing with girls who get messaged constantly from other guys and a lot of men looking for hook ups. Not to mention the women on some of those sites have a laundry list of expectations and very high opinions of themselves. The ones who don't some are in a relationship already just checking there options or looking for attention. Your in for a real headache take my word for it.

• i voted a but I would say a or b

honestly though I think you'd have better luck with a pay site if you can afford it. I think it's fair to say that those investing in their online dating experience will be more invested in their dating experience overall

• I see where you're coming from, but I feel the QA wants to do a free site to practice on before making the investment in a paid site.

• NONE...go outside and meet women, it's the best way..really...

• BlackPeopleMeet.com

• Listen. Online dating is a hell for men unless you are good looking ( and judging by your picture you are not )., Women are shallow and are only interested in the hottest guys ( guys sent messages even to ugly women so even they get their ego bloated and think they are pretty )

Spare yourself humiliation and try meeting women in real life .

Sincere advice from other ugly guy.

• I don't think you are a good judge on my looks because you're a guy.

• That is so gay! LOLOLOL!

• A straight guy can comment on a straight guy's looks!

• Do all of the above.. Word of advice though.. If you're serious about dating and finding the right person then only message the newer people...

There are a lot of girls who have profiles on those sites who only keep their profiles up because they like the attention. You can help to weed those girls out by filtering search results to "newest members".

Best of luck.

• You can join a dating website but don't expect too much because it is not that effective. You can use it to like practice how to talk to girl and see how they respond (i.e. do they get turn off when you said certain things etc). It is better to find a girl outside the internet, cause your age is still young and likely to meet new friends and hence girls.

• I've used PlentyOfFishe as well as OKCupid. Based on those two OKCupid has had much more attractive users, as well as a better match-making formula. They offer a free membership which is very efficient, and also a paid version which is essentially the same thing, but it give s you more privacy in browsing. Best of luck to you from Tampa!

• i'm using pof and most of the girls I message don't even respond back. I message them genuinely, too!

what a bunch of fucking hussies.

• Exactly! My profile sit there for over 3 years including sending messages and I got near zero responses. I don't recommend to any of the guys out there at all.

• wow if thos replies are real, then those girls are as shallow as a puddle on a sidewalk. no depth at all.

• That link is hilarious! :-P

• plenty of fish is generally popular and used by many singles , however I haven't had much luck on it myself but it is free to try so your not out any money if things don't work out on the site

• i like OKCupid's matching system for finding friends. But for finding flings or dates, I don't think anything is reliable.

• Don't rely on dating websites, get out there during the day find some activities.

• You should try meetup.com - its not a dating site but is for people with common interests to meet up in person. There are groups for sci-fi fans, tennis players, hikers, etc. but most areas have some for speed dating and singles get-togethers. Though in Florida you may want to make sure you find an age-appropriate singles group so you aren't mingling with grandmothers.

• Well first of all I think in your age range there is something like 20 or thirty guys for every 3 to 5 girls.The hot ones will only go for the top ten% of the guys.You'll be in great shape if you get 2 responses to every hundred girls you message.Of those 2 one will just go poof after a couple of messages and the other one will string you along.It is a mind boggler for sure.Give it a shot!

• I would like to point out that there are definitely success stories with dating websites, but oftentimes it's better to stick to real life. There's something about the spark of finding someone in real life that wasn't pre-calculated and planned by an online algorithm. Somehow the online algorithm simplifies the whole experience of knowing somebody to your "comparability" and "similarity," and all for the purpose of one end: dating. In real life nothing is that simple, and as a result everything is more meaningful. Entertain the idea of sticking to the real world for something as important as love, no matter how long it takes to find the real deal.

• I've been using http://find-bride.com website for a while and have dated several girls from there so far. They are so nice and pretty. Online dating is definitely worth the effort. And that site's very cool indeed ;)

• Even on free dating sites I found that a lot of the profiles are fake ones. I also got no responses from the type of ladies I was interested in. And a lot of them as extremely ghetto.

• Go for PlentyofFish. Where a lot gathers, your chances for success increases proportionately.

• Just watch p*rn. Success rates are still zero, but the pics are hotter.

• DateMySchool.com

• match.com Christian mingle or Eharmoney

• >Moves to bigger city, implying more people available

>Stays away from all those people in favor of online dating anyway

• I just did! I said in my question that I just moved to Orlando which is a very big city, look it up on wikipedia

• You're an ass.

• Probably. But going out to meet people is still the #1 way to go about things.

• I got a decent amount of replies and some contacts on okcupid.

I got zero contacts and two responses out of like 15 messages sent.

Go with okcupid.

• From my own previous experience, I'm not joining any more dating sites (especially pay sites) because it's generally a losing proposition for most men. I died a slow death from ignored messages and was in turn contacted by the wrong people that I'd never approach online (let alone offline)...two thumbs down. Women on dating sites have been rude to me as well...if they're not ignoring my messaging, some have actually gone out of their way to send me unsolicited messages criticizing or insulting me for something that I've stated in my own profile preferences. Therefore, I prefer to stay single because as the old saying goes, "better off alone than to be in bad company". I'll take my chances and wait until I meet someone that I actually like (and likes me) offline in the daily grind of life.