Why is there so much pressure put on dating?

I'm almost 25. I've never come close to getting a girlfriend ever and I don't plan on having one anytime soon. Problem is, I don't care how women view me. Having a girlfriend isn't a top priority for some men, me included. Besides, given that some women have more issues than the New York Times, I'll pass on trying to date. If It's meant to happen, it will happen. Why is there so much pressure on dating in this society?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude, same here. My whole life I have had the mentality that I'm just gonna keep doing what I do and hopefully someday somebody will come along that just fits perfectly...

What Girls Said 2

• Four words "the imaginary time line."

If you don't come to par with each event on the imaginary time line you are automatically of lesser value then someone who has. Screw personal opinions, values, situations, and beliefs. Those don't matter; what does matter is that you frame YOUR life around the standards of others.

In all seriousness it's not pressure towards sex, dating,etc... It's actually pressure to be accepted, and/or the fear of the unknown. Kudos to you for not falling in the trap, but don't blame people that do.

Imagine a friendship among let's say 5 girls and there is laughter,fun, enjoyment, and most of all unity among these girls. Then all of a sudden 4 of these girls start talking about their sexual activities with their boyfriends. Thus creates a new bond between the 4. Leaving one out, and no matter how much this one tries she can never fully be apart of that bond because she's inexperienced. Feelings of shame, regret, worthlessness, loneliness, or whatever she feels overwhelm her. So she comes up with a solution. Get a boyfriend and have sex.

^Realize that her friends never pressured her to do that, but they didn't have to the 24/7 conversations was enough for the girl to convince herself to do something she wasn't ready for.

• I'm glad I don't live by the social norm. Seems like a sad way to live.

• you look like a loser without one.

Have fun with your hand ;)

• I don't care what you think of me.

• cool beans

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe cause if your not with someone at that age people will view you as weird or odd. If your happy being without a girlfriend then just ignore what other people say about it. Just live your life the way you want to do it.

• I don't care what people think. I'll live my life the way I want to live, not by what society wants.

• I guess it's because since women are the gatekeepers, there is more pressure on men since we are expected to initiate

• There's no pressure on me. I don't go up to women for anything. That thing between their legs has no control over me whatsoever.