I dated a girl who raised my standards. I fear I will never find someone as good as her.

I used to have a lot of trouble with girls. I would date anyone if I could. I finally met a girl when I was 23. She wasn't all that attractive, but she was petit, and we had a similiar sense of humour. She ended up being abusive, and I ended it after three years with her.

I meet a girl this summer. She really good looking, like I could see how some people wouldn't think she's a amazing, but she was a redhead with a sweet smile, really nice body. We completely clicked on a personal level, and she had a huge crush on me, We dated for two months, and when she found out I had feelings for her, she freaked out, and dumped me.

I don't want to get back with her, but I fear she raised my standards. I'm an alright looking guy, and I have a lot going for me, I'm just weird and a little shy. I've dated a few more times, but either I wasn't attracted to her, or vice versa, and I fear that this one girl from the summer has raised my standards to the point where I'll never find anyone. I'm not looking for a supermodel here, but just someone I'm genuinely attracted to.

Most Helpful Girl

• "We dated for two months, and when she found out I had feelings for her, she freaked out, and dumped me."

WTF? Isn't that the point of dating?

• I appreciate that you said WTF? Because it was weird. She didn't want something serious, then she told my friend she did, then when I asked her. she said not yet, then slept with me one more time. Disappeared, decided that it freaked her out, wanted to be friends, then didn't, then secretly wanted to be friends, without telling me. Came back into my life without me knowing why, I told her I couldn't be friends. anyways, nice to know that she's the crazy one. I've always been told I'm weird.

• Yeah she sounds like a basket case lol. Good thing you got away from her.

What Girls Said 2

• You can find another woman like that again one day who won't chicken out on you next time!

• Sorry to tell ya, she was you as a personal vibrator.

• I don't understand what you said. Did you mean to say she used me as a personal vibrator? It's possible. She did show up at my house with short notice sometimes, have sex with me, and then leave soon afterward. But there were times we spent the day together with no sex.

What Guys Said 1

• "We dated for two months, and when she found out I had feelings for her, she freaked out, and dumped me." wot?

Besides that confusion, I'm sure you will find someone someday that you perfectly click with. Just be patient and put yourself out there. If a girl like that had feelings for you before, it can always happen again!