Q mainly for girls: Does being messaged for hookups in online dating make you question men a lot?

I have talked to a lot of girls that I have met through online dating and other sites like craigslist(really nasty from what I have been told) and they tell me a lot of guys send them dirty emails trying to hook up and how some people find married men on them too. Would getting enough of these messages make you avoid men a lot and be reluctant to be sexual with men in general?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah kind of. A lot of men are sneaky and most married men cheat. I work in customer service and you would be surprised the number of men with rings on who try to get me to date them. So this isn't just online but real life too. Well I guess it doesn't matter because people who make online profiles also exist in real life lol. But yeah when I did have a dating profile up, so many married men would be on there. I just don't really see the point in getting married unless there are some major benefits for me. I just can't imagine making a life with someone, trusting them with everything and being in love only for him to be looking for something on the side behind my back. So yeah I do distrust a lot of men because a large number of them would cheat if the right opportunity was given.

What Girls Said 3

• No not really.I know not all of them are the same.I have met some good one over there.Plus,those perverts aren't going to say the same thing they said in real life.

• It's online. It's expected

• Just venting a little:

It wouldn't make me avoid men all together and completely. It would just make me keep my guard up more around some of them. The only reason why I try the online dating thing because I'm shy and never really dated before. I get approached more online than I do in person. It sucks when people go to dating sites trying to hookup, when there are site specifically for that. Even if there wasn't , on their profiles, it tells what the person is looking for. I swear most of the guys who message me, wanting to hook up or just have "casual sex." Its a slap in the face when on the guy's profile, it says that he's looking for a relationship or some kind of commitment, yet he's only talking to you for some kind of sexual reason. I'm not a sexually active person, never was. However, at one point of time, that's what I felt I was only good for, a "good time." I know all guys aren't like that, but I'm just a bit more skeptical when a guy shows interest in me.

What Guys Said 0