How often should I text, when not recieving reply?

I've been texting this girl, and it seemed to be going well. She laughed at my jokes and stuff. Then I sent her a text and she didn't reply. At all. I tried again the next day. Same thing. It was 8 days since we first started texting, and it's been 4 days since she hasn't replied. Yeah, yeah, don't be needy. I'm just unsure of the dance.

What's the procedure here? Is it okay to text more than once a day, with no reply? She's probably just been busy at the particular time I texted her, I hope, so how often to I try to remind her that I exist? And of course, worst case scenario, at what point do I call it quits and decide that she's just not that into me? Sorry if I seem Beta, I just got a phone last month. I honestly don't know the deal with texting.

Also, the very last thing I texted to her was "What kind of music do you like?" Is that like the most trite question in the world? Is that the thing that pushed me into the lame with no game category?

Most Helpful Girl

• Evedyone knows that texting some one twice with no reply is the limit. If you try to text her a third time and she doesn'treply then you'll just be that loser or creep she talks about with her friends. And another advice maybe you said something. Maybe she's uninterested or just busy. I don't know just don't text her for the third time. Let her text you.

What Girls Said 4

• Don't text anymore. She could not be responding for numerous reasons. Wait for her to text you back.

Excessive texting or texting several times without the other responding isn't a good thing.

• text once and that's it. if she doesn't reply then don't text again until she reaches out

• Don't text her more.

• It sounds like she's not interested but don't give your hopes up something could have happened. She could have lost her phone or it could have broke. It happened to me before and the guy that I liked thought I wasn't interested anymore. That might not be the case but you have to keep all options in perspective.

What Guys Said 4

• Doesn't have to be that she doesn't dig you, technically. I mean, people do lose phones, suffer phone malfunctions (like going in the hot tub with it - my sister!) and yeah she could be busy could have made a mental note to reply but forgot. In theory she could even have decided that's a tough question because she wants her answer to be something that you will respect, that will make you have a high opinion of her taste in music. She could be trying to think what are the cool bands she could say.

Yeah, her not digging sounds more likely than these especially that last one, just saying that these other things can happen. If she did intend to reply but was busy, then after quite a while she may kinda' think "Oh we haven't spoke in a while I should get back in touch" so you might just have to do the painful patient waiting.

Besides that, have you actually spoken on the phone yet? If you've just been texting.. I dunno', that could be a problem maybe. Maybe she got sick of texting and is thinking "when is he gonna' call me" or maybe not thinking that but has just gotten sick of texting. I dunno'.. I'm nothing even close to an expert..

• I only give it like 2-3 texts tops honestly... then I move on.

• Generally I let her respond after the second text, and if nothing, that means she moved on. For example, a few months ago I was texting with this one girl that seemed really into me and I invited her out for a sandwich, and the *BAM* she went cold. Texted again once more a day later and nothing. Next day deleted her contact and unfriended her from FB. I still haven't heard from her.

• Forget her, this happened before and this went back and forth like not replying for a week and talking every other month. (she liked me as well) and when we dated she just used me for looks and just to have a boyfriend. So my advice RUN.