How close are you with your siblings? Is there such thing as being too close to a sibling?

I am 21 and me and my bro (age 16) have always been so close. I feel like I shouldn't be so close anymore since he is in puberty now. I mean I always kiss and hug him when I see him have always been like this love the kid so much.

When my friends came over they said "how is your bro not disturbed?" I didn't understand this quite much. I kiss his forehead hug him whenever I see him at home and sometimes even kiss his neck should I stop this?

Oh and by the way I am so childish to get a better pic in your head I look like that girl called leda monster bunny or what the hell ever. My hair is blue and even my bro said " sis you aren't like 21 haha you are like 15" I mean I can be serious at right times but at home I can't stop being stupidly goofy my bro has fun when I'm around I like it when the kid is happy. Our family is broken up so I like to stay close to him .

What do you guys think? Am I too close to my bro? Is there such thing as being to close to your siblings?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, in an episode of Friends, that ice climber guy who scared Phoebe and Monica shortly after he got back from his expedition because he wasn't cleaned up yet and looked like a mountain man, well when he got cleaned up he started going with Monica but he and sister were ridiculously close like all over each other like a couple and they even bathed together! As grown adults, sharing a bath!

So I think there is such thing as too close.. but generally being close shouldn't be looked upon negatively because it's the most important thing of all - family. Just as long as you're not sharing a bath and sharing a bed as grown adults. Not being close enough with family is more worthy of negatives.

Answering directly to your case.. well, no you're not too close, as long as you're not kissing him on the lips. You're kissing him on the cheek or head? Nothing wrong with that. But at the same time maybe you don't want to smother him, or like, mother him, too much. And also it's great that you're playful around him, but being constantly playful around him, like never serious? It's healthy for there to be serious moments sometimes, serious conversations like. I expect there are but you just didn't mention that...

What Guys Said 7

• It's great that you are because that's a bond that isn't too commonly shared by many siblings these days. I have an older sister and we aren't close anymore. We've both moved into different directions and she lives elsewhere so that's sadly further complicated things.

• Don't freak out over it. It sounds like you're both probably using each other as coping aids for whatever dysfunction there is in the family. Nothing weird there at all. Everybody needs a woobie.

You're close to your brother and he'll grow into a better man because he has a really positive set of interactions with the opposite gender. That makes a huge difference.

Personally, I'd say kissing him on the neck is borderline sexual or could easily become that way so it might be a good idea to stop doing that. Hugging and forehead kisses though, those aren't anything. Just make sure you encourage him to develop relationships on his own rather than hiding behind your skirts cause you're easy to deal with. He's gonna be a man and he'll need to strike out on his own eventually. Don't let that threaten you.

• I don't have a sister. But from what you're describing, I wish I had a sister like you. I just have brothers, and you know how men are ;)

Screw what your friends think. This bond you have with your brother will last a lifetime. Enjoy it.

• I don't really think there is a such thing as being to close to a sibling I goof off and laugh with my two sisters their good people they bring out my goofy side. So I get were you are coming from I don't kiss my sisters but I do give them the occasional hug have close bonds with family is good a lot of people don't have that so don't get rid of it. I have close relationship with all my family members and wouldn't trade it for the world.

• I think there was another question like this except from a boy's view. Here

link

• Not that much.

• It's very good you're that close to him. I wish I was closer with my siblings but sadly we're not that way. As far as kissing I would just stay with the cheek or forehead.

To me, the neck and really anywhere else is a different level.

What Girls Said 5

• I have a theory you've stayed that close for so long because of your broken family. I may be wrong but generally once a boy is at the latest11-12 he stops those interactions with his sister. But good for you for having such a close bond with him. I hope I didn't offend just putting in my two cents.

• I think that you are lucky to be so close to your brother. My sister and I barely got close when we lived together in college, before and after that wec an get along that well. Hold on to it as long as you can.

• I don't think you're too close at all.

I have a twin sister and we're about as close as you are with your brother (though less kisses :|), but I definitely don't think it's a problem at all, it's sweet.

• I have a step sister but we aren't very close I think the last time we spoke was almost 2 years ago she lives a ways a way

• I also have a step sister she is 10 years older than me. We almost never talk lol.

• Nah, you guys just have a loving bond. He eventualy going to want you to stop. But in the end he will always have this special love for sister even if he doesn't express it or show it directly, that's how guys are with their sister. Don't be surprise he get into your dwting life and be over protective even at 21... its going to be annoying but it just him being that sweet brother.

It good now a that's brothers don't xare what they eister do, who they with, and etc

• haha yea he started to do that. He asks me where I am going when I get dressed and he asks who I'm going with . Its actually funny how he tries to look tough.

• I understand. My bro would do the same exact thing. My bro is a really handsome guy, tall, and he's 2 years younger than me. Sweetest thing he said LMFAO, he's 19 now, but when he was 16 and I had my boyfriend at 18 He said "If I see your man talking to a girl trying to cheat, I will come in the picture and steal that girl away from him because... look at ms I am just sexy. So don't worry" and "if he does you dirty, I am gojng to do his sister dirty is only fair" lmfao.. oh brother

• Haha :D your bro is awesome lol bless him.