Would you date a girl with scars?

I've struggled with self harm for several years now and I have depression. I have scars on my arm, both hips, and ankles. It's something that's been near impossible to stop and I still do sometimes. Would this fact change your opinion or make it harder to enter a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Scars wouldn't be an issue. Anything self harm related would be. Get help, you shouldn't hurt yourself you should treat yourself better than that because you are better than that. If I can do anything from my limited position to get you to stop let me know. Hang in there sweetheart!

• Firstly thanks. :) I've been getting help and I'm actually one month self-harm free.

• I have to say that you seem like a wonderful and delightful person.

• Thank you, I try my best to be one.

What Guys Said 9

• Honestly, the scars wouldn't be a problem, but the self harm thing would be.

You said you have scars, well that's not a problem, but you just told me that you still hurt yourself, sometimes. Knowing that, yes, I would hesitate to get into a relationship with a girl like you. Were it all in the past, I could deal with the scars. The scars are just surface, but if you're still depressed, and still hurting yourself as a means of dealing with it, clearly this is not over, and you're way to messed up right now, to be in a relationship.

I'm sorry, but that's how it is.

Keep working on that self-harm crap. Keep battling it. Learn to stop. Seek help. Help from everybody. Professional help from doctors, and the like. Help from friends and family. (Provided none-of-which are toxic assholes.) Surround yourself with people who can help, and get maybe look into some medications to help with that. Seriously, you're not well, and that's obvious.

So in short:

1: Scars are ok.

2: Hurting yourself isn't.

3: Seek help.

Good luck out there.

• The scars themselves are not the issue. It's why you got them. Self harm is a sign of mental issues that, more often than not, make the woman unable to perform in a role as a girlfriend without placing added stress on the relationship that would lead to its inevitable end.

Whatever it is that's driving you to do self-harm in the first place, you have to get under control before you can try to enter into a relationship. You may not realize it, but that same problem will manifest itself in other areas as well. And your relationship will eventually implode.

• The scars wouldn't stop me from dating her. I would like for her to work on the self harm though and I would try my best to help her with that.

• Every other girl self harms these days so I wouldn't worry about it. There are plenty of guys who date these girls. Many guys would date a pig in a wig providing it has a vagina. I have dated girls with self harming scars. I'd rather not but I'm not in a position to be picky.

• With a profile name like that I would assume your good at oral sex not that I would ask that of you um if she's gorgeous and attractive to me yes

• Yes.

• No not at all. Scares are fine

• ...and our scars remind us, that the past is real

• No because I have scars from self harm too. And I still do it sometimes. I'd understand.

What Girls Said 1

• I have scars like that too. My boyfriend will kiss them whenever he sees me looking at them. So, no, having scars like that won't stop you from having a great relationship. =) However, it would be very painful for a man who loves you to watch you continue to hurt yourself.