Should I go with my gut feelings?

I don't really have the same feelings as I did before with my boyfriend, whom I've only dated for a little over a month. I had my doubts about wanting to stay with him, and I heard that if you already doubt your relationship not long after you start dating that it usually doesn't work out.

There is this other guy that I'm super close to, but I feel as if I have a stronger connection with, but he is also close with my boyfriend. He hasn't said he likes me, but the way he acts shows it. He also gives little subtle hints. My boyfriend also believes that he likes me as well.

I don't feel as if I have a very strong bond with my boyfriend, but I do with the other guy. If I had compared them both before I started dating my boyfriend, I think I would have picked the other guy.

I don't know if I should try and make it work with my boyfriend or not. Does anybody have any advice on what I should do? It's highly appreciated.

What Guys Said 1

• 1. Break up with you boyfriend, You are comparing him with another dude and you are clearly wanting to be with the other dude.

2. if/when you break don't instantly go for the other dude. MY ex did the same thing with me the day we broke up she went for a very close friend of mine and dated him for a bit. She literally was named the "school slut" for a month. So don't do it. Let the ink dry first. Wait a month or so and then go for the dude for avoid being called a slut.

Good luck! :D

• I'm going to give it a week before I decide to break up with him. He is an extremely good guy, but I feel as if I lost something with him. Hopefully I can find it again within this next week. I honestly think it would be a long time before I would ever get with the other guy, considering I don't want to do the same thing to him as what I've done with my boyfriend now. One thing that I usually lack when it comes to relationships is thinking them through :/

Thanks for the advice :)

• anytime :D good luck!

What Girls Said 1

• You're clearly not happy with the guy you're currently with and I wouldn't feel bad about it. sometimes it just doesn't work out. If you're thinking about ending things I would do it.. and not string him along any longer. I would wait though before you see what you have with this other guy.. you don't want to just jump into another relationship and shortly after have doubts again. + you don't want to hurt your boyfriend since they are friends.

I would break things off, give your self some time but keep in friendly contact with the other guy and see what progresses over time.

• Yeah :( One of the things I was scared about is hurting my boyfriend in the meantime. I care about him, but I don't think I care about him when it comes to terms of dating. Hopefully I'll figure it all out soon.

Thank you for the advice :)

• Yea, I understand that. I think though it would be better to let him go now but be honest and tell him you just don't feel the same way relationship wise.

and no problem, goodluck!