I don't mean a minor preference like "an older woman"
I mean like a criterion like "must change hairstyle often" or something..
Most Helpful Guy
While many guys have preferences, the great majority of guys are open to dating a wide range of physical types. They may be more particular about personality and values being compatible with theirs (which is a good thing, because it's important), but "change hairstyle often"? I've never, ever heard a guy wanting that.
In fact, it's often said that: "A man dates a woman and wants her to stay exactly the same, but she constantly changes, while a woman dates a man and constantly wants him to change, but he always stays the same." While there are exceptions to this, there's also a LOT of truth in those words.
Most men are looking for the following from women (they want to be in relationships with):
- that she's physically attractive to him (for most guys, this means he rates her a 5 or above [younger guys or very highly-rated guys may want a higher score; the former usually don't get it though]).
- a good personality - not insecure, generally pleasant/happy (not depressed), and fun/enjoyable to be around.
- notices/appreciates the things he does for her
- cares for him in little ways
- takes care of his sexual needs
- gives him some time alone (to relax and do nothing) and/or with his guy friends
- has *some* level of ambition to improve herself (school, career, business, etc.) and contribute
- is reasonably responsible financially (doesn't have a ton of debt, doesn't spend every cent that comes her way within an hour, etc.)
- isn't mentally or emotionally unstable (aka "psycho')
Really, those shouldn't be very difficult hurdles to get past for most girls. In fact, personality is much more likely to disqualify a girl from consideration than looks or "style" - if a girl is a bitch, or is annoying, or insecure, never stops talking, or insists he spends every free second with her, then the guy is going to lose interest quickly. Most girls always focus on their appearance if they're having trouble getting guys, but in most cases, it's the personality/behavior that's the problem, not her looks.1