Should I cancel the date because I'm white?

I have othing against black people, but in my hometown, there was only people of the same ethnic group as my family, so I don't think my parents will welcome a different race. And I've noticed that all black girls in my old school were physically and emotionally strong, something I've always liked about them. Yes, not everyone is the same, but most seemed pretty strong. I on the other hand don't feel physically nor emotionally strong. I'm physicallt really weak with me being extremelly short and petite, and emotionally wise, I don't feel like I'm ready for a relationship since I'm still somewhat shy and distant around guys in general. He seems like a sweet guy, but I think if we did go on a date, it wouldn't turn to anything more because of these reasons. Should I just cancel the date?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's fine you perceive the black people in your school that way but I just wanted to say this. I think confidence and flashiness is something American black people as a culture try and project. It's part of an image I believe. Just because they appear confidant doesn't mean that's how they feel inside. Many times someone appearing quiet or modest can be very confident. Whether or not you feel ready to date is up to you.

What Guys Said 3

• It's just a date. Go.

• Don't cancel it. Just tell him up front what your limits are.

• You know that little story with "when all the others jump off a bridge...", right? Why does it matter whom the others date and marry? It's your choice.

What Girls Said 2

• He asked you out for a reason which had nothing to do with you being white

• You need some confidence