How to balance DATING while striving for sucess in school?

Full time college student with a job. I work VERY hard in school & earn outstanding grades. Guys have asked me out or stated they're interested in getting to know me but I told them I'm not interested at all right now. I didn't tell them these reasons but its two reasons why I keep turning them down:

1. I work hard so I can earn A's & think that if its challenging to have a job & be a full time student, then how can I balance it all when a guy gets into the equation?

2. I've been hurt before & recently starting to get over it (not fully there yet plus the breakup hasn't been a year as yet)

Guys & even this girl (who's straight btw) asked me if I have a boyfriend & when I tell them no they look surprise & say, "what?! a pretty girl like u? why don't you have a bf?" I tell em its too much distraction & I'm focus on school. then they go on to say things like I can't just work work & work & never have fun. It doesn't phase me when they say it, I will move on my own timing. But lately I'm becoming a little open with the idea of dating again.(taking it slowly of course) So any advice on how to date with a hectic schedule? How can I make the guy understand I'm very focus on my dreams & do not want to get sidetrack?

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• I find that a relationship can help sometimes. Making out right before an exam gets me relaxed for it. Also having a weekly make out session keeps the stress down.

What Guys Said 3

• I am focusing on school

• Duh! Date a classmate!

• I agree I work hard in school so finding time can be challenging. You just have to find time in between

What Girls Said 1

• I think you can work hard in school, have a job and be in a relationship. Cause I do it :) You need to decide yourself what is most important to you and what your priority is. You need to make a schedule and plans of what and what days. :) ... by the way how old are you?

• 20 y/o. I know it can be done I just don't know how (yet). In the past, it's: straight A's when I'm single...throw a guy in the pic & my grades decline.