Drunk texting- flattering or not?

This guy I have been going out with drunk texts me when ever he's out. He live in different states due to college and I just don't know what to make of drunk texting.

So is someone you're going out with drunk texting you a flattering thing? (because he's thinking of me) or not?

And how do I know he's not doing this to everyone? When he does this, we have normal conversation. it's not like he's trying to get anything from me lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• thought of this pic when I read the question lol

link

I think they're flattering at first depending on what the text said, but can be annoying and obnoxious really fast.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't know. I'm personally turned off by excessive drinking in general. He's thinking of you when he's drunk. What about when he is sober? Usually people tend to get reckless and sleep around when they are drunk.

• i think it's fun, funny, and flattering to a point. but I think it can become obnoxious at some point

• The guy is miles away. Instead of running after other girls when drunk, he texts you. I don't know what you need to feel flattered.

For the "does he do it with others too", maybe. But it's reasonable to think he's already out with his friends when tipsy, so it should be you only probably.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't necessarily think it's a flattering thing just because it seems a bit cowardly.

Alot of drunk texting happens when it is convenient when you probably know the person will respond in a particular way, the person accepts this behaviour and also may respond immediately.

I find it quite trashy if a guy drunk texts me and I just don't respond. Only if he is clearly sober then I will reply.