Was that a rejection?

My crush recently enquired in my friends circle whether I was dating my male best friend, so I decided to go out on a limb and chat with him regarding an event. Before leaving, I said something along the lines of "hey, now that we both know I'm not dating anyone, I just wanted to let you know that I think it'd be really cool if you came along."

He laughed and said he'd try his best. I know that's not much to go on but is that good or bad?

He came, was there early! However at the event I could tell we were both really nervous and we kept looking at each other the whole time but every time we tried to talk, someone else would get in between and separate us again. In the end we just lost each other and didn't even get to say goodbye :/

I really don't know what to do now because I don't want to come on too strong. So if he doesn't get in touch with me again, should I give up?
Thank you for all your answers and sorry for the bombardment!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a very unclear and uncertain answer.

It's not a rejection but it's not a green light either.

You opened the door to spark something , whether he is interested or not

will show through his actions.

This is something you will just have to wait and see if it happens.

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds good. You should give it a day or two and maybe shoot him a text and ask whether he is still coming. He, at the very least, has some interest ... he said he would try his best.

What Girls Said 1

• Just don't get your hope up to high