What's wrong with a guy in his 20's having a velcro wallet? Girls opinions appreciated as much as guys.

I was with 2 of my girl friends today and I pulled out my wallet to pay for my lunch. The girls then started staring at my wallet as I took out my money. I mentioned that I have been carrying around the same wallet for the last 10 years. I then mentioned that the wallet that I have was given to me for free with another purchase. They started laughing so much. Apparently I'm too old to be owning a Velcro wallet (I'm going to be 25 next month). They say Velcro wallets are for little teenagers who are under 16 years of age. They then went on to say that they would never date a guy if he had a Velcro wallet and started to wonder what certain people would say/think if I pulled out my Velcro wallet to pay for anything. They also said if they found out the guy they were dating had a Velcro wallet then they would go and buy him another wallet immediately.

What are your thoughts on this? Is it so bad that my wallet is of the Velcro persuasion? Should I change my wallet even though I think it's stupid to do so?

Most Helpful Guy

• I had a velcro wallet , my girlfriend bought me leather one haha ( but I was wanting a leather one anyway)

just change it , it's a little thing for us guys sometimes hard to understand , but a detail like that might show girls you are mature.

Like wearing leather shoes , button down shirts , leather wallet...

A velcro wallet does just fine , but it gives wrong signals. A little bit like the 45 year old dad wearing skaters , having long hair and riding a skateboard ( You might think , NIce cool dude, probably stoner too , but women tend not to like those guys :D )

• If you think the velcro wallet defines you as a person then keep it , if not , then why not trying to ad some details to the look :D

• I see. Perhaps I should upgrade then.

• ahhahahha BA right here buddy!

What Girls Said 18

• How would you feel about a 25 year old girl who uses a velcro barbie pink purse?

To be honest, I agree that velcro wallets are more boyish than manly. But I wouldn't go so far to say that I wouldn't date you just because of that little thing. That would be crazy. I mean, if we had a great connection, then the velcro wallet is just a detail to be overlooked. As long as you don't pull out your velcro wallet when we're dining at a classy restaurant...

• thats very shallow no offence to your friends, a wallet wouldn't be a deal breaker for me and id not laugh at someones accessory choice

• Psh. Who cares what the wallet looks like. It's what's inside that matters!

But in all serious, it's your wallet, not theirs. If you like your velcro wallet, you should keep it; simple as that.

• LOL I would laugh too but in a way I would think its cute. I never see those things anymore. I'd be like hell yeah you rock that velcro wallet!

• Um. I kept my calculator watch from high school. I still rock it, and get compliments on it all the time. Other people tell me it's lame. Pffff. It's your choice. Personally, I think it's great. Don't change your wallet. Girls like to have something to tease you about, haven't you noticed that yet? I'd be more concerned if they weren't teasing.

• Well if its 10yo or really worn id be thinking, this things dirty/falling apart etc you need a new wallet. Refusing to date someone with a Velcro wallet? Totally stupid.

• It's just a wallet.. I wouldn't see a problem with it. If I liked you and I was your friend it would be for your personality not about a wallet. I honestly wouldn't even notice that's petty stuff and they're shallow.

• Those girls are just nuts.

VELCRO FTW

• U should've said to them, "Then I guess you ain't getting none of this Long Dick!"

• Haha that's so stupid of them, there's nothing wrong with it. I wouldn't think anything of it, I probably wouldn't notce the wallet lol.

Are the trying to wind you up do you think ?

• You have had your wallet for a while, so you could invest in a nice leather wallet. To a lot of guys, wallets are an accessory.

• Hmmm time to change

• I don't see anything wrong with it.

• Yah just get something plain, a leather black wallet and then nobody will notice it

• They are just being immature you like what you like! Never change just be you.

• I don't have anything against Velcro wallets

• There's nothing wrong with it...leather just seems more mature. My 12 year old brother has a leather wallet. My father has a leather one.

But whatever one you want is fine.

• What the...

I for one, don't give a damn about what kind of wallet a person (male/female) carries. Wether it's leather, plastic,rubber, or velcro!

What Guys Said 18

• There's a degree of practicality involved with a canvas (or other textile) wallet that seals shut with velcro vs. a leather one that doesn't. That shows you're a more practically minded guy, and any girl who is capable of understand you will be able to appreciate that. So no, nothing wrong with it. And any woman who doesn't understand that just isn't for you.

• I use my grandfathers brown leather wallet he's been using for over 10 years if a women is so shallow that she won't date me because of my wallet then she ain't worth it because I ain't using any other wallet lol I will use mine into it turns into dust.

• It's not bad more than odd. I mean, Velcro wallets are synonymous with younger kids. I'd say a tri-fold leather wallet is way worse.

Also, stay away from anyone that wouldn't date someone based on their wallet choice. That seems infinitely more insane than a Velcro wallet..

• Lol my dad's 60 and has one. Fuck them bitches.

• The fact that you're still using the free wallet you got when you were 15 bears out their reaction, no? That's not to say they're not being shallow by saying they wouldn't date a guy over it, but a velcro wallet IS tacky. It's hardly much different than wearing the same rubber Timex you got as a kid, or your bright multicolor sneakers you were rocking in the 9th grade. You can get a classy, adult looking men's wallet at any department store for $20 or $30.

• Velcro was created by NASA as being useful in space. That is awesome and wallets that use it are just as awesome. This is the opinion of a nerd though.

• wtf? I have a velcro wallet, and I'm in my thirties.

I don't like leather (not for ethical reasons or anything - I just don't find it aesthetically pleasing), and don't wear leather belts etc either.

• One of the biggest mountains made out of the smallest mole hills I've ever heard of. Wow. Genuinely, I don't think I could stop myself from laughing in those girls' faces if that were me & I'd be laughing ever since.

I need to get a velcro wallet!

• Got one, haha. Now to make sure shallow and materialistic girls see it.

• I see nothing wrong, besides Velcro adds better security

• Don't listen to them. I'm 27 and I still have and use one.

No need to be up to date on the latest trends.

• I suppose it depends if it was a Spiderman or Teenage ninja Turtle wallet or not

• Hahahahahahahahahaha

• It's not a bid deal. Any girl who laughs about something that insignificant and says that would never date a guy with a velcro wallet is most likely not worth your time...

• I remember my friends and I having velcro wallets when we were 12.

• You could change your wallet, if you minded that the girls laughed at you. To me it's simply a matter of the kind of image you want to portray. If you're not comfortable with it, either get comfortable with it or change it.

• If you like it then you keep it.

Fck what others think

• "They say Velcro wallets are for little teenagers who are under 16 years of age"

Superficial much...

I say keep the wallet.

"they would never date a guy if he had a Velcro wallet "

That's why.

• A velcro wallet has lasted you ten years? I bet that thing is pieces, you should buy a new wallet, they're not that expensive for a leather one.