Dating a married man?

Best friend in the whole world is dating a married man. She didn't know he was married until 6 months into it AFTER he pulled out the L word. I told her she needs to distance herself because this will not end well. Any other advice as to how to tell her to back away? I honestly liked the guy he was funny caring and very attentive to her but he came right out last night and told her he was married and didn't love his wife and wanted to just have fun with my friend. this is a very delicate situation and I don't want to lose a friend over this but I also don't want to see her get hurt.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell her to think about how the guy's wife feels. Ask her how she would feel if her future husband had a chick on the side. His problem is with his wife and he's just causing himself more problems by having an affair. If she loves him than she's not going to want to let him go but it's never OK to date someone who's married.

What Guys Said 4

• I realize the odds are in favor of heart break; but it's not your place. As a friend you're just here to ease her transition from one understanding to the next. That's the mark of a real friend in my opinion.

• Go tell the wife. Their drama explodes. Problem solved. You won't feel guilty (about letting your friend do something stupid.) and your friend can see immediately if the husband is just using her. Lot's of people have this idea that you shouldn't poke your nose into other people's business, but why? Really, who gives a shit about a cheater's problems?

If truly your only concern is for your friend, then fucking up somebody else's life is a small price to pay. No?

Man, it's scary how little empathy I have for bad people. Oh well.

• You should tell her that if she keeps seeing this married guy, you can't be friends with her anymore because (hopefully) you don't associate with homewreckers.

• He was a loser from the beginning. Now that she knows and is continuing the relationship, she is just as big a loser as he is.

What Girls Said 1

• Tell her "hey you need to back away". in situations like this your friend needs real honesty. if she chooses to continue seeing him then she deserves whatever fallout happens