Girls would you rather know where the guy will take you on the first date or be caught by surprise?

A: You would rather know

B: You would rather be caught by surprise

C: Neither of the above. You want to have at least a general idea where are you going and/or what to wear

• I would rather know
  • I would rather be caught by surprise
  • 50/50 - he should at least give me a general idea where we are going or how to dress

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it'd be better to know beforehand so you can avoid awkward moments or being dressed unproperly (voted C for that). This is specially considering you haven't gotten to know each other enough to come up with a guaranteed good surprise. Better don't risk it, you know what I mean?

If, on the other hand, the girl you're going out with used to be your friend or colleague or something that let you get to know each other well, it just might be a good idea because you're way more likely to find somewhere related to an inside joke, where you met for the first time, a hidden spot, in short a very special place :)

• Thank you! Just curious what are your most favorite activities/places to go on a first date?

What Girls Said 14

• Know. What if he's going to take me somewhere, strip me naked, wrap me in plastic wrap and chop my limbs off? First dates are not for surprises of that nature.

• wooooah..no comments. I'll clarify what I meant by surprises - Ice skating, snow tubing, bowling, laser tagging, dancing, golf range or much more common dating destinations for average people such as coffee shop, restaurants, movie theaters etc.

• It's a reference to Dexter...

• rough idea of the type of place, yes.

• that depends on the two people involved. something a little more personal and telling about what you like than dinner and a film.

• Hmmm, I don't really have a preference. I definitely do not expect a guy to go out of his way for a date.

It's fine if he wants to surprise me but if it's something outdoorsy I'd like to know that way I can dress for the occasion and wear something comfortable and appropriate.

I'll vote C since I'd like a general idea, surprise or not.

• IF I never met him before (like online dating), then I need to know and make sure it's in a public place. IF I know him and been friends with him for a bit before, I would love it it were a surprise.

• What if I met you randomly on the street, coffee shop or a mall?

• In that case, I would want to know where you're taking me in advance.

• I think it's polite to at least specify the activity so they can wear appropriate clothing. However you would need to tell me since I never tell someone I don't know where I live you'd have to tell me so I'd know where to go

• Lets say I'll take you for a dessert and ice skating right after.

Would you be satisfied with smt along the lines "Don't dress up too fancy/ or dress casually"?

• No. She might have orthotics, she might have asthma, she might get too cold. She might have balance problems, she might need glasses. For example I have a friend that goes out in heels but for sports (skatings hard on the ankles) has to wear her orthotics, my brother never carries ventolin unless skiing/skating, etc. I also have a friend who hates skating. I think you're risking a bad date. Ask if she wants to go skating, leave the icecream as a surprise

• I would like to know where we would be going.

• Lets say I wanted to take you out to ice skating

Exact location and exact activity?

• Just curious. Where took place your most memorable first dates? (in terms of a fun activity and how it helped you guys have a good time/conversation? :)

• Actually I've been to only one date, lol it was at a park. We were on the swings for a while, then he pushed me, after that we sat on the bench and talked for a while. :)

• I'd rather know

• Surprises, I love spontaneity.

• Thank you! Just curious what are your most favourite activities/places for first date?

• No problem!

Well, I've only been on two dates haha, but I'd say I like adventurous stuff, coffee shops are great, too. It just depends on the girl, then go from there.

• Surprise

• i would rather know for safety issues

• i hate surprises

• id rather know, i hate surprises :P

• I would definitely need to know. I don't like surprises.

• Thank you, but do you mind me asking you - How so?

What if I wanted to take you iceskating but didn't tell you that and you expected something like a coffee date. However, I would tell you smt along "Don't dress too fancy.." or "please no hills over 6 inches ;)" etc.

• Well not being dressed properly isn't a top concern for me as it seems to be with most of the other girls who answered. I just don't like going anywhere unless I know the details of where I'm going. Its more to mentally prepare myself than anything.

• i want to know where

• Would you be satisfied with a location or you would want to know the activity too?

Lets say I've met you and we briefly talked and you said that you wanted to learn how to ice skate.

What Guys Said 0