How does it feel not to be kissed by a guy you like?

Has anyone been in that situation where you really like a guy and you go out and when the date is finished you say goodnight. You hug but don't pull away. You expected him to kiss you and ...he doesn't (for whatever reason). How did that make you feel?

Most Helpful Girl

• Were you recently the guy in this situation? Usually it will leave me feeling confused. I'll think a lot about it afterward. I will initially feel embarrassed, and unattractive/undesirable, and wonder if I did or said something wrong. I'll stay up all night thinking, scrutinizing every word I said, every joke I made, wondering if I put my foot in it. Then I'll wonder if maybe this guy only ever saw me as a friend, and I was interpretting everything wrong. Then I'll come to the mind frame that maybe he's just a gentleman, who doesn't want to make physical advances too soon, out of respect, and wants to get to know me better first. So naturally I'll feel a little embarrassed and silly, and will probably act a little less interested, and a bit apprehensive around him soon after that, to protect myself from further embarrassment, just incase he's not interested at all.

• I am indeed the guy. I wanted to happen - I knew it would - but my past crept up on me and I just couldn't do it...yet. Unfortunately, a few weeks later, she became very withdrawn and the next thing I new she was visiting her ex. I took it hard because I really liked her but never told her. She just got the friend vibe I guess...

• Continued...

...and lets her know I how felt about her and why I didn't follow through with the kiss. Hopefully she'll understand. I also address our silence towards each other. She's special to me. I just hope she hasn't totally forsaken me.

• Continued...

I've been attempting recently to make more contact and sometimes she's responsive but most of the time she's not. It's frustrating. I don't know what else to do. All I can do is keep chugging away...

What Girls Said 13

• I don't believe this has happened to me personally, but it has happened to my roommate. She said they went out for a month and he wouldn't kiss her and it made her super insecure. She started wondering if he really liked her or not, and was considering moving on. He finally did, and they're engaged now lol

• Good for them. I did the same thing to a girl I liked a lot but she interpreted it as I just want to be friends and ran back to her ex. I think she felt dejected and I never got to tell her how I really felt. We became really good friends but she changed over time and I think there's some resentment there. We don't talk much anymore but I miss her and want to make amends. I think there's a lot that hasn't been said and I think it's time to get it all out.

• Kind of a long story, but I like this girl, she likes me, we've liked each other for 4 years now but we live in different countries. Last summer we had this "special" moment together in which we hugged for so long and she whispered "I'll miss you so much" and we had this moment we had our foreheads leaning against each others ... we didn't kiss ... Think I should have, but it's gone ... damn

• Ouch, you really should have! :( But then again, she could have tried it as well I guess... just remember that if you know each other well enough, things are flowing well and she seems to be receptive or even awaiting something (long hugs, long eye contact, lots of smiles), go for it! :)

• If I liked the guy and I hugged him after the date and he didn't kiss me, I'd just tell him to come here and kiss him myself. It's not that hard and I'm not going to wait around either. I did that the other day. Guy I liked was about to go, I said come here, brought him in close and kissed him. He was like DAMN, you're so bold. I like that about you! Been going out ever since lol.

• Do girls usually expect a kiss from a guy they like and who they hug for a long time?

• If you're on a date, yes the girl expects for the guy to make the first move. We expect everything to be done by the man. Ex--Paying for the date, picking the place, giving flowers, opening the door/pulling out chair, inviting her to dance, helping her out with something together (bowling, mini golf, cooking), and lastly, giving her a kiss at the end of the date. Normally when you don't pull away from a hug, that means you're interested but come on, one of you has to kiss the other.

• it's incredibly bemusing. Tons of thoughts go through my head. "Should I have initiated it? Does he not like me?" It hurts a bit, but not for long. Then you're just left wondering...why?

• I wouldn't mind that, maybe the oerson is uncomfortable with that and that's OK too

• Better than kissing someone you don't like. It makes you determined to get that kiss on the next date and to stop being a doormat.

• Very sad, it would make me feel very sad.

• Aweful

• It doesn't bother me. If I want to kiss him I just do it.

• It hurts a little but it's not the worst feeling a person can have

• it sucks. it;s a bad feeling

• It's kind of a messy feeling. It happened to me once and for the rest of the night I was confused and just kind of stared, I didn't really even think actual thoughts. :P

• I'd be sad and feel disliked, lol

• Maybe a little disappointed, but there's always next time ;)

What Guys Said 0