I get passed by on dating sites but not in real life?

I'm quite a handsome guy. Beautiful women always check me out. On dating sites sometimes a girl similar to me will make a profile. It seems real - I make sure to check carefully. I send a message, however I don't get a response. In-fact I get deleted unreads a lot. I don't put much on my profile. I've gotten all kind of random responses from writing differently and it doesn't seem to help much - so I've chosen to keep my profile very short.

I'm curious. There definitely aren't many women I like on dating sites but once in awhile a few will suddenly pop up. Mostly I get unread deleted. But in real life the same kinds of women just stare at me waiting for me all the time.

Why this is an issue with dating sites is not the issue but I'm curious about my question. Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Many profiles of beautiful women on dating sites are created and put up by site administrators, or so I've read, to achieve a high amount of traffic. The profiles are created to convince insecure, naive guys that they have an opportunity of interacting and/or meeting such women, and to get them to part ways with their cash. Thus, the brains behind those profiles are more likely to be unresponsive to messages of profiles that, odds are, would fail to produce gains. Of course that's not always the case, but it happens more often than one may think. By the way, the scam is meant to deceive both genders, which may be the cause of your success rate on dating sites. Or, perhaps not.

• I agree 100% with this user. Well said.

• You're right. I've seen many fake [rofiles.

What Girls Said 4

• If you have a good body - people can't see that from a dating profile - they can only see your face so they won't know that you are 6" feet tall and slim. Also some people look good at one angle but not all around so they might not make a big deal out of your photograph and another thing is many woman who join dating sites aren't very serious about dating - especially if they join one that's free or lets them join for free and some of them already have other leads and don't need anymore. I'm registered on a dating site but not using it because I refuse to pay the fee for the sit but I get about 60 - 80 guys messaging me every week and I don't even have a photograph posted.

• Prolly think it is a fake picture

• Same problem

• Maybe they think your fake or you aren't as good looking as you say you are

What Guys Said 4

• You walk down the street and out of hundreds of women, some check you out.

You go on a dating site (where women are bombarded with direct attention) message a few women and are shocked to not get a response.

Different scenarios.

• Simple.

You make an approach in real life, you're gonna stand out. You're there, it feels spontaneous and flattering to her, you show you've got balls, etc. Most girls don't get approached that often by good looking guys.

On a dating website, you're literally one out of 50 messages she's gotten on the cold, hard, dating website. Just another line of text attached to a cliche profile.

• Maybe you're more charming speaking to women in person than communing in pure textual format.

• I was on Okcupid recently for about a week and a couple of girls did reply to me, problem is that they were time wasters.