Is a guy still expected to pay on dates if they have been dating for 7 months

or at that point should it be a dutch thing

thank you for your answers

OK I appreciate everyones answers, so I'm going to say the concensus is that it should be a dutch thing, even if he asks me out, and I agree. Hence the question.

Now I ask you since he always insists on paying how to tell him I would like most of out dates to be dutch without hurting his pride?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it should be split somehow.

If anything, the person asking in the beginning should pay(thus girls never really take guys out knowing they "don't have to.") So if the girl asks the guy out, I think she can pay as well.

• @update if he really really insists start slowly and work your way in. So if you go to a restaurant and you try to split but he insists on paying, offer to pay the tip then try again next time.

What Guys Said 5

• If a girl ever asks me out then she can pay if she wants to, but if I asked then of course I'm gonna pay.

• I'm old fashioned so in my opinion the man should always pay for the dates if your married then its all right for each person to help pay. Now if your dating and your at a ungodly expensive place then I would suggest helping to pay for it other then that its the man's job to pay for dates.

• Only for prostitutes.

• Only if you're paying for his rent or something.

• Why don't you just start handling half of the dates and treating him. Just start saying I've got an idea and I want to treat you. He asks what it is, and you say a surprise. Then take him out for a fun day or night and pay for everything. Then the next time let him take you out like he regularly does. Then you again, then him, then you. Just keep doing that. That way he can pay for his plans, and you can pay for yours.

• No. I thought now that it's 2014, girls are suppose to pay. For everything.

What Girls Said 2

• My boyfriend is like this, he turns me down when I want to pay. So I've learned a trick. Once a month I tell him I'm taking him on a date! I don't tell him where or what we will be doing. Then, I pay for everything ahead of time, so he doesn't get a chance to pull out his wallet

• It all depends what you both agree on..