Girls: What does a short guy need to have for you to even consider the possibility of dating him?

Being a short guy I have learnt from experience that short guys are generally undesirable to girls. Tall guys are preferred and a lot of girls like a tall height for a partner. So my questions are these:

1. What would a short guy need in order for you to even consider the possibility of him taking you out for a date?

2. Have you ever been physically attracted to a short guy or a guy shorter than you? In this question I'm not asking whether you would date him, just if there has been a short/shorter guy you hav fancied or thought was hot?

By short I mean 5'4'' - 5'6''.

Most Helpful Girl

• There was once a guy who I was getting to know and hanging out with because we had some common interest. He was a bit cute but because he was a smaller guy I wasn't sure if I just wanted to be friend or more. I felt a strong connection with him and fired up inside each time we talked or were together. The problem arised when he tried to rush me into making a decision about him while I was still unsure. It made me pull away and I began to act differently with him. I wish he would have just been more patient and stayed my friend, because I feel with him, in time, I could have possibly fell for him on an emotional level and decided to be with him. Instead, he cut me off completly. Still bothers me till this day, but I guess he was hurt that I couldn't comitt to him and decide how I felt so soon. He also misinterpreted me being too shy to give him a hug, for me not having any feelings for him and treating him less than I would other guys. But I just always been more or a guy make the first move kind of girl. Wish he wouldn't have jumped to conclusions either...

What Girls Said 11

• 1. Nothing more than taller guy. As long as the guy is confident, charming, funny and at least decent looking I would potentially show interest in him if there's chemistry. No harm in being taken out for a date and getting to know someone new!

2. Yea for sure, I find plenty of shorter guys attractive. I don't really see a guy, look at his height and then decide if he's attractive or not. A guy being taller than me is kind of like an ideal but not a necessity, and I say this being a 5'10 female so definitely on the tall side myself.

I'm actually interested in a guy who's about 2-3 inches shorter than myself right now.

Also, if you ever feel self conscious that you're on the shorter side and will be out of consideration for some girls, just remember that what girls really want in a man is someone who is confident and sure of themselves, or manly. In other words, height in no way equates into manliness, so just go about your day in a confident manner and I guarantee that most of the girls who are worth your time won't be bothered by any height issues. :)

• 1. Same as any other guy. Good personality, confident in himself, funny, intilligent.

2. Yes! I see shorter men all the time that I find attractive. I'm 5'8" and met this guy last year who was at least three inches shorter than me. When I first met him of course I noticed that he was shorter than me, but I forgot about that almost instantly after I realized it. He was a great guy; funny, charming. I felt very attracted to him because we clicked and had good chemistry. I also found him physically/sexually attractive.

He never talked about being shorter than me, also. I've had/currently have male friends that were shorter than me, and they'd comment on it frequently ("I'd do that if I were taller", "I'd ask her out if I were taller", "it sucks being a short dude", things like that). I remember one time after spending the night at his place, we made breakfast and there was an ingredient he needed that he couldn't reach. Instead of being embarrassed, he came right out and asked me to get it. I expected him to say something regarding his height, but he was so nonchalant about it. I personally found that attractive.

I think if you're a good guy and have confidence, you've accepted yourself as you are, then height shouldn't be an issue. I've been with guys who were shorter, while some were taller. I was attracted to their personality first and foremost. If a girl won't go out with you because you're shorter, then maybe she's not worth your time.

• 1. I'm 5'8, and honestly it depends entirely on the connection. He's got to be easy-going and fun to hang out with. Making me laugh is a bonus! He also needs to actually ask me out. I am terrible at reading body language, it's sad but true. So if it's a date, call it a date. Once you get to know someone a little, make your intentions clear. Please note, even though it's not true for all men, girls have it drummed into their heads that most guys just have one thing on their mind, and you will give off this impression if you ask a girl out before even trying to get to know her a little bit.

2. Yes, of course. I want to do very bad things to Charlie Day (he's like 5'5)!

• Hey,

Well I will just tell you, I am 5'2", so I have dated "short" guys and married one (5'5.5). Even I would want someone taller than me, but there are exceptions to everything, some tall girls will not care.

Best advice, work on your sparkling personality and wit. Make jokes about your height or lack thereof to the tall girls. Research your family - where are the tall people? Do you have any? What we want to know is how tall our kids will be, if a tall lady marries you, do you have some possible tall genes that could mix with hers to give you tall children? But save that for someone you are really attracted to that you could see a future with.

I wouldn't let your height stop you from asking out whoever you like and find attractive. Some will say no, but I bet you would be surprised.

If you dress nicer you can wear shoes with heels. Good luck!

• 5'5-5'6" isn't too bad, since I'm 5'5 myself. I wouldn't mind dating someone the same height or almost the same height as me. As long as he takes well care of himself and has an awesome personality, height doesn't matter much.

• 1. A good personality. The guy I like right now is short, probably the same height as me (5'4"), but he's really sweet and funny.

2. Yeah, I find some short guys attractive. I do really prefer tall guys, but short guys can be attractive, too.

• I'm 5'4 so I have no problem being with someone around that height. I don't really date at all. Yes I have been and still am physically attracted to a guy just a tiny bit shorter than me. I would probably never date him, mainly because we have different beliefs and we both see each other just as classmates.

• yes I do prefer taller guys but I have dated 2 shorter guys before. and yes I was definitely physically attracted to them. one was 5'6 and the other was 5'4. the guy who was 5'6 was so annoying because he was super insecure with his height. like I clearly like u, I'm not thinking of your height, I'm thinking of the kind of person you are and if we are compatible. so yea you are short but try to not be too insecure about it. the guy who is 5'4 he was not one single ounce insecure about his height. we have never even talked about it. so yes there are girls who will date u... just have to find the right one! and most of all be confident! :)

• Confidence NOT cockiness. The ability to smooth talk. A relaxed, confident attitude. A guy who knows what he wants

• LOL Note to self: add in answers: "People who don't know what the hell they are talking about, DO NOT answer"

• That's not too short. I've been attracted to a guy who was around 5'4. But then again I'm 5 feet myself. Id say just be yourself and be confident when you do ask girls out. If they do have a problem with your height then they are not the one for you and are a waste of your time.

• girls who reject you are not a waste of time . They have options in men , therefore they are superior beings

• I'm into short guys because I myself am short :) But even if he was attractive, if he wasn't confident, it would be a turn off. so Be Confident! :D

• @Whitechocolate1001, how is whinning going to get you girls? You're just making yourself look bad. If you think you're ugly, than work yourself into looking more appealing. Like that other guy said, go to the gym or something.

What Guys Said 5

• I got told that I make up for it by being quite muscular. As well, though, being.short doesn't knock my confidence at all, the thought that a woman might think that I'm too short doesn't even enter my head - guys don't do themselves amy favours thinking that way.

• I'm the same height. However, dress well, vertical stripes help. Find chicks who are shorter than you.

• Perhaps balls of steel?

• I think you'd have it just as easy as a tall guy? As long as your good looking and have money. I'm 5'10-11 and women hate my guts so your not alone.

• Agreed, you need to take care of yourself first man. Make a lot of money and the women will come. Once you have that you can pick and chose what you want in women. A lot of people make the comparison "Well Tom Cruise is a short guy and he married beautiful women". YEAH well Tom Cruise makes a SHIT TON of money. By the time you make great money you can start going after younger women with tighter more attractive bodies. By the time an average women reaches 27-28 her looks depreciate, kind of like owning a car. Key takeaways: Make money, Get Betches!!!

• Women HATE any guys "guts" if he's bellow 6'6"

• Short guys have no problem dating. They are just more likely to date shorter girlies