Time for you to fess up. Have you ever responeded with 'K' to someone texting you?

Like the texted you something and your response was just 'k'?

if so why did you do it? :P

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll admit, I have. But that's only if the person is lagging themselves in putting little to no effort at all in their texts too. My number one pet peeve is when people do one word answers. It annoys the the shit out of me, especially if their the one initiating the conversation. Like what was the point in texting me to begin with. Like, if you ask me what I'm up to and I tell you and you're response is "cool" or if I reply and ask the same thing, I get a "nothing".? Like seriously. What the hell, I don't get it. Maybe I expect too much, but still..the conversation never gets very far..ughh

What Girls Said 35

• No I don't think I ever have. I can't really stand one-word text messages, let alone one letter haha. The closest I've gotten to using "K" has been the few times I've had conversations like this:

Person: Are we going to lunch tomorrow?

Me: Sure, where do you want to go?

Person: You pick.

Me: Golden Corral sound okay?

Person: Yep sounds good.

Me: Kay. :)

But I always attach a smiley to it hahaha.

• I never use it. I also hate it when other people text me "k". When people do it to me, I basically ignore the next text they send me because it sort of bothers me.

I mean, is it THAT hard to just type "OK" or "OKAY" ?

It's one of my pet peeves.

• Yes, all the time. Usually I text "K" because I understand what they are saying and I got the message.

When my mom, sister, friend, boss, or who ever texts me "I will be there in five minutes" I text, "K". lol it's easy and they know I go the message.

• Yes, when the conversation has turned for the worst because of an argument or disagreement.

When the person is so boring and I have nothing else to say.

When I don't really want to speak to that person and hint that I'm done with the conversation.

I don't do it on purpose unless I'm ticked off. I usually have paragraph texts lol so you'll know when I'm serious with a 'K' text.

• I think I did that once, because I was really annoyed with whoever I was texting and didn't want to talk to them.

• No but my friends say that & I hate it! I'd rather get no reply

my bestie use to say that a lot so I started saying Sure and she got mad like I was saying I didn't believe what she was saying haha

Well thanks for reminding me now ima say Sure or text them K :D

• I do it when I'm mad or annoyee

• Ya I have many times, mostly because someone say OK gotta go, or I will text you later or at a specific time, if so I just respond K unless I have something else that should be said, also on occasion if someone response with an OK, I will say k back just saying that I responded.

• ..So guilty...

I use it way too much haha. But not purposely. It kind of just comes as a reflex to me? Hmm, not completely sure.

My mom sent me a text a few minutes ago:

Mom: "If you don't finish your tax papers tonight I will be angry. I will take away your phone or laptop and no being mad at me for this"

Me: "K"

LOL...

• Yes I've done it when I am in a rush and gotta go or do something else.

• I've done it to people who have done it to me, and let me tell you... They never did it again because they realized how irritating it is!

• Sure plenty of times. why? Because it was sufficient.

• because it is an acknowledgement.

• you don't use it as a way to end the conversation because you are bored with it?

• not in and of itself, no.

it sometimes does end a convo, but really, it was over anyways.

If I'm looking to end a convo, I either say I gotta go, gotta sleep.. or just lol everything until they get frustrated with me and stop

• Yes, I use it mostly to confirm that I understood whatever they were saying or sometimes I use it prevent an unnecessary argument.

• I have, but only if the person is being bothersome and won't take my hints that I don't want to text them anymore.

• Just for the lulz. This guy I was chatting with on Skype wrote some elaborate effing essay of 750 words or so and I replied with a "k". We both had a good laugh, then I sent my actual reply.

Normally I never do that though.

• Nope I have not, I hate that! Makes me mad... just thinking of it now makes me mad too >>humph<<

• NO! I hate when I get a text with a fcking "K" and for some reason when a guy responds with a "K" I find it like a feminine response.

• nope, never.

If I'm mad or annoyed I'd rather say "okayyyyy..." or "ooookay"

• no because no one would get it. I have said OK many times.

• Yeah of course

• not so much. I use lol as my final answer when I have nothing else to say

• I do, a lot actually.

• I only say that if someone's bothering me. :D

• Only about 3 times when someone has been intentionally rude to me numerous times.

• Lot of times, because 1. I was annoyed. 2. Not much else to say, or 3. I was annoyed :-)

• Yeah, when I was 12.

• I only do that with my family when they are boring me.

• because I was bored with the person

• K means k. I've done it to

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 16

• Yes, I've responded with this literally a moment ago. Context:

"...I'll be waiting by my phone :P"

"K"

I mostly use it as an affirmation but, sometimes, I place an "O" in front of it to convey a state of being.

• Twice. reasons being

1. The answer warranted for what came along was 'okay'

2. I was driving

• I've done it but stopped since it pissed off a couple of people and then I realized it annoyed me too haha.

• My old man always does this, partially because he has an old P.O.S cell and it would take him to long to write out responses, so he types back 'K' as an acknowledgment. When the NSA was revealed as tapping phones and reading texts I told him it made me furious. He replied "With me, it will just say K. K. K... Oh crap, they're gonna think I'm in the clan!"

• Yes, because I didn't have any ambition to write a single letter more.

• I have done it just because I know how cutting it feels to my pride when an ex says that to me if I just happened to text her for some odd reason.

• yeah all the time. Usually when I receive some info and the "k" is to acknowledge I've read and understand what they wrote/what were doing. Never as a passive aggressive response or anything like that.

• Well I use kk instead of k just to be different... I use it in place of okay haha

• Because I wanted to write this person "Kick you in your fugging ass!" But I accidently pressed the send button right after writing the "K".

• i grew up with the internet since I was 6 so 14 years on the internet. Its more acceptable to use short things like k, brb, lol, kk, jk. I use short things like K because I grew up with it.

• Nope

• ya k

• No. Hell no. If I'm bored with the conv I'll just stop texting back. Replying with "K" makes you an instant bitch in my book.

• I did yes and did it today as a matter of fact. K? Ok

• I say "alright cool"

• No. Why is it difficult for people to put 'ok'? Is it too difficult to spell or something?

• a major reason is for what ashinthislife said above. they are bored with the conversation with you so they want to end it with 'k'

• It's one more letter to add, it shouldn't be so difficult to use.