Online dating fallout.... Help.

So I had been talking to this guy casually for about three weeks, and he was moving to my city in another two. I got a message from another guy that really intrigued me, so we went out that night and got on amazingly and went out the next night. I didn't except it at all but we both wanted to see where it went.

So obviously I told guy one that I met someone and we could only be friends, he was happy for me but we didn't talk as much. I told guy 2 the guy I am seeing the whole thing and he understands we are just friendly, I still haven't even met guy one even though he is in my city now.

Last night I was texting guy 1, we were goofing off and I sent a funny ecard that said "I love you, but you'll never be Jeff Goldblum" I thought it was funny, but his reply was "I love you too"

Which I brushed off and changed the subject quick. But hours later when we were going to bed as he said good night he said "sleep tight, love you"

I only said "sweet dreams"

Does it seem like he actually loves me?

Most Helpful Guy

• sounds like it

• But we've never met and only been talking two months. Why would he tell me if he knows I'm with someone else

• So you don't think we can be friends?

• mmm. well it depends. he may really see it as a potential romantic relationship. I think you have to talk to him about it. It's possible to be just friends but lots of people aren't capable of platonic relationships with the opposite sex

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• yeah seems like he does love you.. if you still want to stay in the friend zone you can always reply with the "i love ya too friend" or something

• yes, it does seem that way, he said it twice. If you love him I would say it back :)

• But we have never even met and he knows I'm dating someone else. We are only talking under the silent agreement of just friends. Anytime he gets insppropriate I ignore it or change the subject.

• oh OK sorry about that, I guess I didn't read that part.Then I would ignore it and treat him like a friend