Is this normal. What do you think?

I remember a really long time ago both me and this girl were interested in the same guy. The girl was new so I asked her parents and brother if she had a boyfriend and they both said "we don't know." and I was like "she's a member of your family and you don't know?" and they said "It's none of our business"

How can you not know whether one of your family members is in a relationship? Wouldn't you be seeing this person every single week or day if they were dating since they are dating your daughter / sister?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some parents like to hide behind individual autonomy and freedom to throw off their own responsibility to be involved with their children's lives. (Our children are not our "friends," they are our children. So don't duck out just because the job is hard and you won't have your children's approval until they are responsible adults.) Beyond my sermon of the week, no this is abnormal and actually shows a lack of concern under a facade of understanding.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Depends on the family dynamic when I was younger my parents knew nothing about what I was up to and in all fairness they still don't because we are not a close knit family.

• maybe they are not that close

• Not necessarily you don't introduce a guy to your family unless your sure you like..why don't you ask her. Do you have a partner? Most people do

• When a relationship is very new you don't always tell your parents. That is just how it is. It's not their business.