Partner doesn't like public affection?

So I've been seeing this guy for just over a month. Every time we go out in public its like we are not together. There's no holding hands, kissing (even on the cheek) or cuddling to keep me warm. He says he doesn't like public affection. I've never been with a guy that doesn't like it. How can I get him to feel comfortable enough to show affection?

Most Helpful Guy

• look my ex wife did the same thing to me for 6 years.

i got no kisses or hugs no nothing after my son was born.and now I'm separated and going through devorce too. it could be a cultural thing sweetie . but in the same token ask yourself this. does he really love me for me or just using me. try to kiss him on the cheek and see what you get.

be open with your feelings but the minute you get nothing back from him just go on and do your own thing. I ended up walking away from a marrage after being told I was not aloud to kiss my own wife at all and I was married to her.work that out.

i say if you get nothing back in return from him as for emotions goes just end it andwalk away. otherwise your hurting your self more and you will end up with depression like I did.

now I'm alone and see my kids once every second weekend and that too sucks.

heart ache sweetie is the last thing you need. no emaotions walk away from it. trust me.my x wife could not even pour hotwater into a cup.

What Guys Said 4

• stop sleeping with him and he will get the ideal. By some begging strips and each time he does as you like give him a treat.

Good luck.

• Some guys are like that...tell him that touching and holding are important for you. Don't pressure him, but ease into it.

• I thought you were going to say pubic hair and I was going to agree with him. some guys are just weird and there is no much you can do about it

• I like public affection I don't mind holding hands giving her a kiss or anything like that in public I will cuddle as well in public though would probably give her my jacket first if she is cold.

What Girls Said 3

• Give him time. It's only been a month. And put yourself in his shoes. If he liked anal and you didn't, would you want him complaining about it? Respect him. Maybe someday he won't mind.

• don ask him to give you affection...because he would feel so awkward forcing himself to give it to you. just gradually do little things like give him small hugs or touch him sometimes...and then as he gets used to it he'll probably start doing it back. Its only been a month! I'm even shy to do that to a guy after 6 months lol

• I'd say rather than try change him, try understand his discomfort and accept it. It shouldn't be a big deal, but if it really bothers you talk to him about it and see if he's willing to take baby steps Personally I think it's a little unfair to encourage him to do something he doesn't enjoy.