Would you date someone that other people say is unattractive/weird?

Say you like someone but you know that other people might look at you weird for dating them. I.e the guy in question is about an inch shorter than me, he's two years younger than me, and my friends think that he is ugly and weird. Yet I find him really cute and sweet, especially because of his personality. He is shy and different from other guys I have dated.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, definently. The guy I found the most attractive and fell for the hardest isn't by societies standards anywhere near normal, or extremely attractive. He has pericings, he is Hispanic but wears a huge afro, huge gauges, and is at least three inches shorter than me - and three years younger than me, but the whole thing is, I can't imagine anyone more perfect for me.

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah I would. I don't hold my friends' opinions in very high regard.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes.

• If you already know him well then go for it. If you don't then proceed with caution. I was warned about a guy being weird once and because I didn't know him that well I should have listened because he was a real creep…

• I WOULD RATHER HAVE BEEN ABORTED IN THE WOMB than to have to grown up only to deny what I WANT because of others opinions... FCK THEM.. I do what I WANT and who I want, if I like you, then I give no sh^ts what others think of you. I've always been this way and I'm proud to say it.

• If I liked him and he liked me, I wouldn't care what other people think. It's your life, your regrets. Do what makes you happy. :)