Am I the rebound? Or not?

I've been dating my new boyfriend for a little over a month. We talked for a couple months before he asked me to be his girlfriend. He tells me he adores me and that he doesn't want me to leave him. m scared though because I feel like he may be rebounding. He got out of a two year relationship about 8 months ago and has told me crazy stories about this girl and says she is absolutely crazy. To this day she still texts him and begs for him back. He never really takes me out on real dates. Everytime we hang out its always at his house and we drink and end up sleeping together. He claims he really likes me though and I've met his immediate family. He works a lot too and long hours so I've been trying to cut him slack. Am I a rebound or could he really like me?

Most Helpful Guy

• it sounds like a bit of a rebound thing. simply the fact that he doesn't take you out adn the relationship mostly consists of staying in drinking and sleeping together.

do you know if that was the nature of his previous relationship?

I think he does really like you. but I also think that he could be rebounding

the two are not mutually exclusive

What Guys Said 4

• 8 months seems like a long time to be on the re-bound, so I would say I think he likes you and his ex is now a distant memory,x

• Not in the way you mean.

It's possible his dating style has changed based on the experience, but that might be permanent. It's hard to separate maturity from baggage.

• You're in college, right? That's all dating pretty much is...hanging out and having sex. I would think 8 months is long enough you likely aren't a rebound.

• Yeah it sounds like it you shouldn't let a guy use you like that.

What Girls Said 3

• No, you are not a rebound..He just had a crazy ex. It has been a while and you should not worry about that...but he should make more effort to make your relationship romantic..Even you are still in college. No romantic dinner? Any sweet words? Your relationship is so young but no romance?Do you feel that he cares and loves you?

He likes you for sure, but how long he wants to keep you?

That I am not sure...

• I don't think your a rebound. But I read your more resont question, this isn't just a one time worry so just protect yourself. Don't cut it off but don't fall to hard..

• mmm how old is he? girl, if you feel the need to ask an anonymous bunch of people if you're a rebound or not, it's because your guts are telling you so - you probably are a rebound. listen to your guts. and by the way, someone who keeps talking about his 'crazy' ex and doesn't take you out on a proper date, plus it always ends round his place having sex.. well. you know already.