So does dating mean you're together?

So pretty much the question up there. I don't know if we're a couple or not, we haven't really talked about it, we just go on dates.

from personal experience or just an opinion, what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to ask him, to confirm it. I was dating a girl and we were hanging out a lot. I deeply thought that we were a couple, BUT noooo, when conversation got to deep, I guess she realized that I was thinking of her more than a friend and she said that she liked me as a friend only. Don't make my mistake, ask him and do not be afraid to ask. You need to know if you like him and want to be with him. It is in your own interest to ask this question. Good Luck.

• how do you recommend bringing it up in regular conversation without it sounding totally out of the blue? and I don't want to scare him off or anything.

• ask him about his girl friends, then ask him what does he thinks of you comparing to them, that should be obvious without actually asking this question directly, but at the end of that question confirm it and ask him " So you think of me as your girlfriend?" you asking him without exposing your self and putting him into position where he'll have no choice but to tell you the trues.

What Guys Said 1

• Nope. I mean sure, it's entirely possible that you guys both only want to see one another and you feel like you're together, but the only way to know for sure is to be direct and discuss it.

What Girls Said 3

• no, dating doesn't automatically mean you're a couple already. you're just knowing each other. then it depends on how long you've been dating for.. if it's more than a couple of months, I wouldn't be afraid to pop up the question, maybe in a funny/cute way, in a moment you feel you're really close/happy together.. if the answer disappoints you, better a cold shower asap than one year down the line, lol.

• No, it means you are getting to know each other.

You aren't exclusive because you both didn't confirm it.

• Personally, dating to me is just going out with someone you like. Once the guy asks you to be his girlfriend, that's when you're together. (just an opinion and a personal experience).