How to deal with weekend night texts?

I've been 4-5 dates with a guy I like who has started asking at the last minute. This week he didn't ask at all, but sent me a "Happy Friday Night" text instead. Since he hadn't asked me out, I accepted another date. As a result I didn't get his 8pm text until 11:30pm.

What is the best thing to do in this situation?

• Text back upon receipt of text no matter what time
  • Text back in the morning
  • Don't respond at all - let him text again at a better time
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to talk to the guy (face-to-face, or at least by voice would be best), and let him know that while you definitely like him and like going on dates with him, that you need more advance notice, and that you prefer not to receive texts after a certain time of night, or that, if he waits that long, that he shouldn't be surprised if you aren't available.

Don't be mean about it, just matter-of-fact. Let him know he has to either step up, or risk getting left out. He'll understand, and if he doesn't, you are wasting your time with him anyway.

What Guys Said 1

• well he already wait a lot, if you saw the text don't be rude and respond back, if you didn't see it on time is not your fault, but there is no reason to be mean, it doesn't make you a slut to respond to a text, it just makes you a decent human being

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't feel bad at all. he sounds like he is only making plans with you when he has nothing or no one else I would question why he waits until the last minute. I hope you had fun with this other date who could make plans with you before 8pm Friday night. I wouldn't worry about him because he sure isn't worried about. Sorry I know you like him