Math geek hacks okcupid. Thoughts?

So this math geek just got featured for hacking okcupid with bots and landing 88 first dates. He did find "the one" for him as well. Thoughts on this?

The guy basically found out through the matching system how to give his profile the maximum exposure by deliberately matching questions girls who were put into "groups" were matching. It sounded so time consuming.

Most Helpful Girl

• well...that's scary. he clearly has no moral code,i wouldn't go out with that fucker,i'm not ending up chopped up in a freezer.

• The girl's response when he told her he did this stuff was “I thought it was dark and cynical,” she says. “I liked it.”

• I honestly don't get that impression about him at all. He just seems like someone with A LOT of time on his hands.

What Girls Said 5

• haha good for him

• that's creepy

• I watched this on the news, and found he guy very creepy in a Norman bates way...I'm a bit scared for the girl that is with him.

• cool

• i wouldn't like it, it just tell me he lacks integrity..and desperate

What Guys Said 2

• It's no different than thinking about how to present yourself in person (what should I wear? what should I talk about?) or in some online forum (like this one!)...the only difference is that he took the time to figure out mathematically what women whose profiles fit his own interests are looking for and to make sure that his profile met those needs. I assume that he was honest about who and what he was (he couldn't present himself as 6'4" with long blond hair and a gap in his front teeth if that's not how he looked) -- otherwise we would never be reading about him. He was simply sufficiently determined and skilled to make the system work for him more efficiently. Nothing wrong or creepy about it. I suppose that there'd be some potential for abuse, but then it'd be a very different story in the news. Incidentally, the statistics necessary for this kind of analysis isn't that tough...

• Hey, if it works. It's no different than a girl pretending she loves sports to get close to a guy she likes.

• yes it is / apples and orange

• explain your insult to greyiggy !

• He found his "true love" at the end of the whole ideal apparently and she said she liked how he cheated the system and admitted that she tweaked her profile a bit.