Online dating. He sent me his picture but I'm not attracted to him?

...Do I have to write back? I don't have my picture up either (but send them later on). We only talked for a few messages back and forth.

1) He looks old in his picture. He is 34 but looks as if he could be 40. I am 27 (with a baby face). 2) I like muscular/athletic guys; he looks 30 lbs overweight.

I feel bad. Is it okay if I just stop responding?

Recently, I sent my pic to 2 guys and this is what they did -- they just stopped responding. It stung, but hey, what can you say if the person is not your type.

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop responding, otherwise he'll think you're interested.

What Guys Said 3

• Just tell him: "you really are not what I expected and hoped for. I'm sorry, but I think it's better to just be honest. Best of luck."

To my opinion, that's a hell of a lot better than to just stop answering.

• No if you are not attracted there is no point

• I'd politely say you're not interested. Whenever a girl stops messaging me, I take that as a serious offence; and consider them very rude and shallow for doing so.

What Girls Said 2

• Well that's true...I guess you can take the same route as the other guys did

"Not respond."

or give a polite note,

"I think you're a sweet guy but you're not my type."

Which ever makes you feel better.

• I would stop talking to him. I know it sounds mean but its a dating site so he should know how it works. I mean its better than telling him that he's ugly becasue that would be mean.

But If you feel bad about ignoring him you could reply with one word answers so he gets the hint and stops messaging you. He will realize that you are not enthusiastic about speaking to him and would stop everything.