Its the first date, who pays?

On a first date, who should pay? the guy or the girl? some say that if a guy doesn't he's considered cheap I don't know if that's really true

Most Helpful Girl

• on the first couple of dates, whoever planned the date, or whoever is doing the wooing basically, it's a gesture, it shows serious intent, because actions speak louder than words.

What Guys Said 8

• On a first day guy should ALWAYS pay, because it is not a favore, it is a guys JOB! it is a mandatory thing for a guy to do. There is no excuse for it, he asked you out? he is paying for it, if not, Get the F out you cheap bastard.

• The guy should pay on the first date, but after that I like there to be a certain amount of equality to it.

• I was raised with old fashioned values so for me the man always pays for every date unless its like ungodly expensive then I will get some money from the other person other wise I always pay.

• Whoever extends the invitation.

• Whoever first proposed going out pays in every situation, as has always been.

• Honestly, my view is that whoever asks the person out on the date should pay. I find it extremely annoying and frankly quite rude when a girl asks a guy out but still expects him to pay for the date because he's the man.

• the man pays for the food etc during the date and the girl pays him back with sex.

• Many people will agree with the politically correct Bullshit phrase "whoever asked should pay" aka the man. Men have a better chance at finding a red natural diamond than getting a woman to ask him out on a date.

What Girls Said 3

• The guy should pay

• I would say the guy, just to show that he's being a gentleman.

• The guy should