Why would he want me to leave a hickey?

So I was fooling around with my boyfriend and towards the end, he told me to leave him a hickey. So I did: a really big visible one on his neck.

My question is, why would he want a hickey? I've always thought of hickeys as kind of tacky. And just FYI, we're not super young; he's 25.

Most Helpful Guy

• perhaps he likes the way it feels.

perhaps he wants to sort of show off that he's got a girl and you two are physical.

or perhaps it's just sort of a badge of honor for himself

it is a bit odd that at 25 he'd be so interested in that. so it makes me think he likes the way it feels

• I think it's probably a combination of the first and third reason. He definitely liked it when I was giving it, and he told me that it was a "badge of honor" although I don't really get how it is one, but I know he's not showing it to other people because he's been wearing hoodies and stuff for the past few days.

• kind of like a battle scar, it's just a sign to others or just himself that he had the experience

What Guys Said 3

• The only thing I can think of is because they feel amazing when getting them. They are incredibly trashy though. I love to have my neck sucked on and lightly bit, but you have to know when to stop. I don't mind if they are on my chest or where they can be hidden. All I got.

• My guess would be he is insecure about how many women he attracts or has been with and therefore wants his friends to notice it and ask about it. I did something similar when I was about 17.

• Embrace the filth.

What Girls Said 1

• My guess is he wants to show off that he hooked up with somebody.