Worst date EVER! What a ass!

So tonight I went to the Irish pub on the corner of my apartment. My friend Said she has this nice guy that you might like. I just broke up with my boyfriend like last week. So I gave it a shot we exchanged fb & cell # and by the time we has dinner he wasn't being a gentalmen by paying for the tip. He made us do sepreat checks. I said "my wine glass is still full dinner iS over so I'll finish my wine and if you have school tnrw I understand" so he left and I finished my second glass of wine. I noticed my neighbor was sitting next to me at the bar. We talked I told her whAt happened she's like "get this girl another glass of wine on me" so I drank like almost it all but I'm so pissrd paying my own bill and he should at least pay for the tip too. I'm so pissed and to add to that I have school in the morning going to bed. Everyone what do you think you would do to solve this? Huge ass headache owe

Ok gosh it was a mistake I made I was in a rough weekend OK
you know what guys I am sorry you were right I just am getting a lot of answers and I guess I didn't think it threw. it's been a long week for me!

Most Helpful Girl

• bottomline he shouldve paid.

forget all of this modern day bullshit. a date is a date and in case guys haven't realized women find it incredibly insulting when they don't pay. I would take it as a blessing and red flag that he didn't even leave a tip let alone wait for you to finish your beverage so he can make sure you get home safe.

you're not crazy or needy. you just have taste. and he is sour.

• thanks for best answer love :)

• I am surprised at how many downvotes she has. They went to dinner together. If that is not a date then I don't know what it lol. Yea, not paying for dinner is weird and def a sign that he is not interested but the bad part is him leaving her to drink alone! Any decent guy would wait twenty minutes for her to finish her drink. I do not know one guy who would leave a girl like that.

• hahaha you people are funny...

who got best answer...?

:D

What Guys Said 20

• Welcome to the new, modern man.

Women in America want to be equal with men in every way, so he really feels like you should pay your own bill. It's not really his fault, he probably believes it's what you want.

He probably won't send you flowers, either, because he might just consider you another bro (Equal to him. In every way.)

Fading are the days when a man recognized a woman as needing tender affections, love, and protection.

Why?

Because most women are convinced they no longer need those things. So men no longer feel like they need to provide them.

Good for feminists, and women who are bitter and angry over how awful men are- while never acknowledging their hand in their relationships, but bad for the good women, who still acknowledge what their hearts yearn for: A man who loves them and cares for them on a deep, protective level. He never wants her to feel alone, or lonely. He wants to care for her. He loves her.

What man wants to pour out mercies on a proud, tough woman? She won't even appreciate it.

And that's likely the women he has known.

• Paying for the check is a nice gesture but not mandatory by any means.

I think more importantly you should think about the rest of the date...

Did you enjoy yourself before the check came? Did you feel a connection? were you attracted to him?

those are more important things to contemplate on.

...kinda sounds like he wasn't interested though, I wouldn't really just leave a girl alone at a bar after a date... a gentleman thing to do would walk you home, get you a cab, make sure you are getting home safe etc.

• Of course if it was the other way around you'd have no problem with it.

The fact that you have such a problem with paying your own way shows that you are in no way an independent woman. Independent women have no problem paying for what they want and actually support themselves.

If you walked away from a guy and left him to pay the whole bill and he got pissed off you'd easily brush it off like it was nothing. This was separate checks and you're still pissed. You even got a free drink at the end and that was still not enough for you.

What should you do to solve this? Practice being a responsible individual and not needing a man to give you a free ticket to a fun night out.

• Why should he pay for your check? Are you a prostitute?

There's no reason he should pay for you

Why don't you pay for his check since you think that's such a great idea?

• whoever asks pays. You don't want to pay for her, don't ask her out!

• It was a set up. I guess her friend should pay.

• also whoever asks pays? Fuck no. If ask one of my male friends to grab a bite and hangout, that doesn't mean I pay for his meal obviously. The only difference with women is sex, which logical would make you a prostitute under the premises indicated. But yes it was a setup so khesert is right

• it was the fist date, the guy shouldn't have to pay the bill and tip for the both of you, you had never even met before

• The first date is the biggest impression. He definitely should have paid

• OH surprise look who else feels entitled to be paid for? lol

• WHOW sorry chic-ie, But this is what all your wonderful women's lib friends before you did. that chivalry has died off for the most part because YOU want to run the show. You are not allowed to complain about something you support. It is not up to him to pay for you to get your drunk on.

A week after a break up? Yeah I wouldn't pay for an ungrateful chic on the rebound. It isn't up to him to pick your mess up.

Since you wanted to meet with friends to join you then as soon as you all agreed to that then that was just a meet and greet anyway. NOT A DATE !

He doesn't owe you a single thing. What makes you think that guys owe you anything? Where does that come from.

Now I would and do pay for dates, but that was nothing like a date. If I knew my date expected me too pay and had your mindset about it like you do then That would be the last time I ever saw you again.

• It sounds like you haven't gotten over your breakup and thought some man paying for your dinner would ease the pain... I feel bad for the chap.

• I would solve this by not going on dates where you can't afford to pay your own way.

If a guy chooses to pay for you, you can graciously accept, but you shouldn't expect it.

• Why should he buy you dinner?

• Blind dates are bad enough as it is. But I never let my friends set me up with girls. They are TERRIBLE at finding who's right for me. Just block him on your phone and move on. You're going to meet douche bags when dating. And honestly, you're fresh off a break up so take some time to yourself and stay away from dating for a little bit.

• Blind Date, all bets are off. He never should have left you there alone, that's a douche move. But you complaining about him not paying for everything is totally bogus on a blind date. Especially if you're not flowing or don't have any chemistry, why would he shell out 50 dollars for your dinner and drinks lol, I never would. That's why you do a coffee date or something cheap, not a full on dinner and drinks right off the bat. Neither should have to feel obliged to pay for each other.

• Welcome to the real world. Stop feeling so entitled, he doesn't owe you dinner.

• I don't thing its a requirment but I do believe in order to make the proper impression the guy should buy dinner ... I know I do ... I don't want to look cheap !

I definitely would have waited for you to finish your wine and then even walked you home to make sure you got there alright !

• Maybe he didn't enjoy himself on the date and didn't see any connection with you. But I agree that that's no reason to end it off badly like that, it's not very gentlemanly.

But that's nothing biggie. Just shrug it off.

• why should he pay? You guys NEVER talked

• Can't afford your own dinner? Strong poverty.

• Why are you so pissed you have to pay for your meal? You're not a hooker that expects to be paid for her time, right?

• So you were looking to get a free meal and it back fired.

• Whoever asks out the other person normally does the paying. This however was a blind date. In a blind date you can't expect anything from the guy, anymore than he can expect anything from you.

Are you sure you are not more hurt that he didn't like you? I ask because you just broke up with your ex and maybe you were just needing to know you were desirable or something. It might be that he wasn't interested that bothers you the most. If that is the case then you need to take a little more time and get over your ex, before you are ready to date again.

• well I forgot to add this. So my friend told me about him we swapped info so we talked online. He seemed cool. The thing is our interst were just so off topic all we talked about was traveling,he brought a lot about politics and best thing is never bring up that topic during a date. I am not hurt because I broke up with my ex. I just wanted to try this out. I broke up with my ex because it wasn't really there anoymore our spark we were in the honeymoon stage. I agree I am in the middle of school

• I am working on becoming a teachers aid so my top prority is just getting that all set and then maybe later on you are right on that.

What Girls Said 6

• Well now you have another story to tell. Laugh it off and count your lucky stars you won't be the one stuck with him. Whatever about who paid for what he shouldn't have left you there. He shouldn't have rushed you in the first place if he could see your glass was still full. A man worth his salt should see you to your door or taxi or bus...

• Yea, I have never had a guy not pay my meal on a first date. I would not get mad about it tho just let it go and date a different guy.

• I understand that you like every other girl too expected him to pay the bill, but the problem here is that you have never met before..this sounds something like a blind date to me..so it is OK that he didn't pay. I don't know maybe my opinion isn't 100% right..but that's just MY opinion though.

• Why should a guy have to pay for you? If he felt there was no connection and wanted to go home then he's well within his rights to do so, he split the bill and paid for what he had, why should a guy pay for a girls meal if there is no connection?

• Because it's a kind thing to do. Even if he felt no connection with her, it is a nod to her, that she is still worthwhile, and that he is truly a gentleman.

• There is no obligation to pay. Why should we pay for everything at the start of a relationship?

• Did HE ask you out on this date?

• yes he asked me out why is everyone b******G at me I am not being sexest w/e I just saying how it went

• I'm the first to admit that chivalry is very nice and is a sign of a true gentleman. BUT... with both genders out in the world working and providing for themselves, it is not unexpected that at least on the first intro date for the pair to go dutch. I personally do not expect someone else to do for me what I can do for myself. But if paying for dinner is what you want in a man, then write this guy off and move onto the next one. He's not necessarily an ass, he's just not that chivalrous.

• But it's a blind date.

• set up I already talked threw him online I just felt off that's all

• Wow... calm down. A guy isn't required to pay for you...