Is he trying to tell me he loves me or not?

I've been dating my boyfriend for 8 months now. We're in our late 20's. He's recently gotten into calling me "the love of his life" and he holds me close and whispers "my love" (which he never did the first few months). He says I make him happier than he's ever been before. But his newest thing is replacing the word "LOVE" with the word "LIKE" in a song that has love in it. For instance, he'll randomly burst out and sing to me Whitney Houston's song "I Will Always Love You" but he'll jokingly sing "I will always (he pauses) Like You" and he's been doing this with a bunch of songs lately.

If I say I really like him, he'll jokingly ask "You really like me or is the other one? hehe" The other one being "love"

What does this mean? Why even joke about it and bring it up?

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah he loves you he whispered it to you didn't he? He is probably just afraid you don't feel the same way or I don't know ask him

• He's in love with you but he's afraid to take the leap and tell you.

What Girls Said 0