Guys: In person or through a third party?

If a friend told you a guy wanted to go out with you, and you knew there was no attraction to him, which would be the most respectful way of dealing with that to maintain his dignity? Which would you guys prefer a woman do? (Keeping in mind you will run into each other again via friends)

Go through the same friend, and have them tell him no thank you.

Meet him for coffee and tell him yourself.

Pretend you didn't get the message.

Most Helpful Guy

• The best thing to do is drop hints..while he is listening, talk to others nearby about a guy you are into. Even if that is fiction..you don't have any other interests currently..it will give him a way to sort of 'hang up' psychologically.

What Guys Said 3

• Late to the party here, but my advice would be to follow the same communication line he set up, assuming he did.

Confirm with your friend whether he asked her/him to ask you this or not. If he did, then let your friend know to tell him whatever your response is. You can make it sympathetic ("I'm really sorry, but I'm just not searching for someone your type right now") or not ("Nope, not interested.")

If it is just your friend letting you know something they've found out, and the guy did not ask your friend to communicate this to you, then drop the guy hints as others have suggested.

• Tell him that you only date confident guys that don't try to weasel around and go through a friend. The irony will make his head explode.

• Next time you see him. A flat out NO I'm not inerested, sorry, would get the message across to me

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't respond. He didn't ask you out directly, the friend mentioned that the guy wanted to go out with you. So you really don't have to say or do anything about it unless he asks you, or has the friend ask for him.