Is this a good first message online dating?

Hi, I'm Andrew. How's it going? I saw you mention that you are learning to play guitar. That's awesome! I've actually been playing for 11 years. I'm pretty intrigued by what I've read about you in your profile and would enjoy getting to know you better.

Most Helpful Girl

• looks pretty good, id love a message like that. it stands out from the hundreds of "hi" "hi how are u" "hey sexy" "hey read your profile, wanna meet up?" "hey you want my dick?" <-- literally had this a lot lol

i would elaborate on the "intrigued by what I read on your profile" bit, add a few examples so like I was pretty intrigued by what I read on your profile especially the part about ...how much you love animals and have a pet of your own... or how you like to go fishing on weekends, you sound really fun and outdoorsy! just so the woman knows you haven't just skim read her profile like a lot of guys do.

that is the kind of message I would reply to, its nice and polite, doesn't involve anything heavy or dirty which is an instant turn off (slimeball alert! lol) and shows you took the time to get to know a bit about me from my profile instead of seeing I'm female and firing off a two letter message then moving on to the next female profile. the next thing id check is your profile so make sure its informative and shows your personality, make sure your photo is a nice one of you smiling not one of you with your shirt off or drunk or smoking

What Girls Said 5

• So basically your gonna say hey I herd your trying to play the guitar. But I'm better! Hahahaahah

• Hmm sounds too upfront. And stating a lot of the obvious.

"hi, I enjoyed reading your profile. I actually play the guitar too ??. If you need help with learning the guitar, just ask." now wait for a response.�

• I like it.

• I wouldn't hold my breath for online dating, but yeah this looks good :)

• Ask her some questions to get her talking

Right now it's kind of a conversation killer

• What do you suggest?

• conversation killer? wtf..are you ok? in which planet do you live?

What Guys Said 2

• its an OK first message , but keep in mind most girls won't reply to anything a guy sends on those sites . also a lot depends on your profile , no matter how good the message in profile needs to be good too

• I like this better:

I'm Andrew. How are you? I noticed you're learning to play guitar which intrigues me, because I've played guitar for several years. What style are you learning? What are some of your challenges or accomplishments with your playing? I remember when I started practicing, the cats would line up in the alley and howl and wail at the cacophony I was creating! Talk to you soon.