I'm not sure how to make the next move?

I started talking to this guy I met online about 2 months ago. We talked over email for about a month and recently just started texting for about a month. He's very sweet and seems nice I'm just always scared meeting people from online. We've talked about meeting and how we were each nervous. He says things like he's trying to figure out a good first date and asks me things that I like. I was talking to my cousins husband and he said that was the ask out but I didn't catch onto that I thought he was just saying he's trying to come up with something good. I was gonna see if he wanted to hang out today and text him earlier but haven't heard back from him. This isn't unusual for him he's got a weird so sleep pattern he's on a third shift type schedule but I don't know if I should text him again or just wait. It's too late to hang out now and I'm shy so I don't really have anything much to talk about I just want to talk to him

Most Helpful Guy

• Just go for it. Tell him something like, "so yeah, I was thinking about it and you should totally come up with a fun date idea for us". That should give him the hint.

What Guys Said 1

• text him

and meet in a public place with a guy friend watching safely from a distance if it means that much to you but yes, he seems really into you

• That's a good idea thanks. I think I'm so afraid to meet him cause he's so much bigger than me. He's 6'6 and I'm 5'5 and if I know someone is there for help if I need it I would feel better. I don't think he'd do anything like that or I wouldn't be tryin to meet etc but you still never know

• are you still alive?

What Girls Said 1

• This is a tricky situation! Honestly don't text again unless you're totally sure because it can come off as desperate to a guy. I would wait till tomorrow if he doesn't text you back tonight. I was in a similar situation once and after asking a guy to hang out he didn't respond. I waited a while then texted a follow up question. In the end I came off clingy so if I were you I would wait till tomorrow to text him. I would say you should meet him sooner rather than later because if you guys haven't met in person and he keeps using excuses to not see you then he might be hiding something. I hope it all works out!

• Thanks for the answer, I'm gonna wait. I've messed up once before and there was more feelings involved so this time I don't wanna mess this up. I know I haven't met him yet but we are similar in many ways and he's everything I look for in a guy. I know he could have lied to me about everything so I try not to get my hopes up but I have a good feeling about him.

• I totally understand. I just started online dating recently and have met someone who I really like but am trying to take it slow but I really want to meet him. I'm sure the guy your talking to is very nervous and he might just have been busy today. I hope everything goes well for you and that it works out!