Do girls generally care if guys aren't "experienced"?

I'm 21 years old, I've never had sexual relations with anyone, never had a steady girlfriend, but I have kissed girls before (my last kiss was 3 years ago so I haven't had much recent practice :P). I'm always told by my friends (both guys and girls) that I should get some "practice" by dating girls that I'm not particularly interested in, because by their logic girls want "experienced" guys because they're better at dating in general (i.e. understanding women, sex, how to talk to women, etc.), before going for girls that I actually am interested in.

Personally I don't really care if a girl's been with other guys before me (but that could just be the virgin in me talking).

Most Helpful Girl

• there's a double standard with sex and dating and it has two sides.

For women: Men want a woman who is good in bed, but not a slut. If she's had too much practice (and is good) it's cause she's a tramp and then she won't be "girlfriend material" anymore, but if she's too innocent, she's boring in bed. "lady in the streets but a freak in the sheets" is the ideal, but in reality it's impossible to go through your dating life without ever being called a slut.

For men: women want an experienced guy who we don't have to teach everything. We like it when you're open to taking direction without being offended (all women like different things), but we don't want to have to break every step down for you. Then it's no longer sexy, it's an anatomy lesson. BUT we also don't want a player who's been around the block six times just last week. If you've had too many women, we don't want to think about you fucking everyone we know either.

It's impossible to please everyone.

What Girls Said 10

• Since I have 0 experience even at kissing(my only kiss was a peck on the lips from a guy I didn't even like) the only thing I hope is guys don't mind the lack of experience,which to me sound embarassing.If I like the guy,I really don't care if he doesn't have any experience,but I do care if he's a man-whore. I don't think the guys with a lot of experience are better at dating,not necessarily.I give very good relationship advices,I gave an advice to one of my closest friends for her first date and now she's been with the guy for 6 months,I've helped her everytime she had doubts.And I've always been single. Maybe there is a problem when it comes to talking to the opposite sex,but that just depends on some things, like how shy you are (I'm very shy and with low-self-esteem) or how idiots haha( Seems like the guys I like from my town go around only after girls with makeup,super thin and with experience) .If you were interested in me for example and I liked you,I wouldn't care about your experience.Have a nice day :)

• I have a weird logic. I don't mind the lack of experience. The problem is that if I take a guy virginity, I feel like at some point, he will want to experiment, see what it's like with other women. And I don't want to be the woman he left behind to experiment. I know many couples who broke up because of that.

My boyfriend has experience and it reassures me because I know that what I give him in bed is good to him. If it had been a problem, he would have told me.

• Personally my boyfriend told me had never kissed a girl before and for some reason that was a huuuuuuge turn on I guess because ik he was so innocent and I would be his first kiss and that I wouldn't have to worry about the whole am I the best kisser out of his other gf's and stuff but I think guys that aren't much experienced are 10x hotter ..

• I care. If he's slept with too many girls, it's a huge turn off. I'm a virgin and I don't mind being with a non-virgin but I don't want to be with some man whore. I'm not going to be a victim of "hit it and quit it."

• I'm an attractive girl and I tend to be able to get a lot of guys.

And I don't care if he's experienced or not. I care about his personality and his looks.

• I think its kinda cute when guys have no idea what theyre doing but that's just me :p

• I thing it doesn't matter if you are experienced or not, at last what we girls want is someone we can trust and be ourselves. If you can have that confidence with a girl you have a great part of the relationship done.

• i dont

• I care very much about his experience level and it better be 0 because that's where mine is.

• Generally? I would think that depends on the woman.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't know it depends on the girl , some are looking for "more experienced " guys , however some would appreciate the fact you haven't been around as they say and waiting to meet the right person , so girls looking for serious relationships should still be interested however those looking for hook ups might not be

• If you are confident they won't care (some will). Some have moral standards or are just turned off by it but then you have the one's that want to be your first... I had the moral standard chick. I'm a virgin too and the first time I had oral sex I apparently didn't do so bad. Told her I was a virgin after and she said I really couldn't tell and wouldn't have had you not said anything. I was denied next time I tried "said your first time should be special"...girls don't know that that shit doesn't matter to us. Honestly just fake it till you make it because if you make it obvious that you are anxious or awkward they will drop interest quicker than the girls that would drop their panties for Brad Pitt.

• Depends on the girl of course...I say it's about 50/50 between girls preferring "experience " vs not caring about it.

• Most likely depends on the girl

• How do you think I feel? I'm 28 and never had a Girlfriend or kissed anyone. But to answer your question I believe yes they do care if the guy is experience or not.