Women: First Date - Flowers (Yes/No)?

On your first date do you want flowers? If "Yes" why? If "No" why? Also, what do you think about your date if he does give you flowers?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends. If you've known each other as friends for a long time and are just taking that friendship up a notch. Something simple like a single hand picked daisy (or if you know her favorite flower) from a flower bed would be a cute gesture. If you knew her favorite flower it would be a good opportunity to show her that when you guys were just friends you listened to her and remembered things like her favorite flower. I prefer a hand picked flower because to me it seems more personal. Anyone could go to a flourist shop and buy a girl some flowers, but only a guy who cared would got out and pick her a flower, especially her favorite.

If you bring her a flower it should be a surprise and it is in no way required.

If you don't know her that well, wait for a while.

What Girls Said 21

• I've had first dates either way. One guy bought me roses, the next one didn't. I think it depends on the date and the guy. I would never request a guy buy me roses or anything, that's entirely up to him, but I also wouldn't refuse the flowers if he bought them for me.

• I'd say that's a bit over-the-top for a first date, although flowers are always a nice gesture :) save it for later! (2nd date and beyond).

however, I can't imagine any girl being turned off by flowers! Just be careful about coming out too strong too soon.

• it would come off a little strong for me... I mean, on a first date, you don't even know me. I'd rather have a nice gesture after the guy has gotten to know my personality, so there's actual reason for him to give me flowers.

• I like flowers. They are sweet but not necessary. I am happy to just be with whoever I am dating. I would find the gesture sweet if the guy showed up and gave me flowers.

• No, it would be awkward/uncalled for on the first date. However, it depends on the situation. If the two people have known each other for a long time, and are finally taking their platonic relationship to the next level, it would be a cute, somewhat cheesy, gesture.

• Yeah of course because flowers makes any girl feel special. Its a clique but why do ya think, because it puts us in a good mood lol.

You don't necessarily have to get flowers just something to show used you were thinking about the date and your care lol

• yes. I'd love flowers on the first or second or every date. I love flowers in general ^_^

• I think flowers are wonderful, but they might say that you are trying too hard for the first date. Save it until a couple more dates down the line, I would say take care of dinner or drinks for the first date. That's less of a tell.

• I don't know. I wouldn't mind If I didn't get one, but I think I would appreciate the gesture of receiveing a flower. Roses are overrated. I say you should surprise me with a beautiful, uncommon flower. But that's not always the case. I don't need a flower to tell me that you care. Actions and words mean a lot more.

• Yes - why not? It's a surprise, that's the important thing.

• Flowers? I think if you are going to give a girl something on a date, any date, it should be something thoughtful. If you know she likes flowers then yes go ahead and get her some. Preferably her favorites. I would prefer a dozen PEZ dispensers, game, movie or book. Give a gift that keeps on giving. Something she collects or has been wanting. Something that will not wither and die.

• One flower would be okay, not a whole bunch. But it sort've depends on the date planned. Is the first date a fancy dinner? Then the flower will seem sweet. But if the first date is a casual movie date or going out for a coffee, then forget it. Don't want to scare her away on the first date

• First date. maybe. I'm thinking more of the second date. You never know she might hate flowers or have bad allergies.

• Yes. Flowers make us feel special and beautiful. Its romantic and we love romance.

• definitely.

• I'd love flowers on a first date

as long as they're not roses, maybe daisys?

and make sure they're not that big on the first date just a couple would be fine

• No, no flowers.

• I'd want one in a plant pot, I'd hate the idea of it being cut up for me!

• It'd be sweet, but girls shouldn't expect it.

And I agree with southernbelle88.

• maybe not the first date, first get to know me a little better...and at lest what flowers I like.. =D then sure, as much as you want.

• I think maybe on the second date flowers would be more acceptable. Flowers are nice and trust me, women love them. Flowers on the first date though might mean you are wanting to move a little faster. It is safer to hold off till the 2nd date.

What Guys Said 4

• Absolutely NOT on a first date. It makes you look like you're desperate and trying too hard. Heck, on a first date, you don't know anything about her and she'll assume you do it for every girl you date. Save it until you get to know her better, because then the flowers will mean something.

• NO because you risk being labelled "trying too much.."

I think they are a bit fakery, did you bring flowers the first time met your Best friend..

Why bring flowers "because there are nice and show I like her..." but being on a date shows you like her.

Flowers are for FAMILY, SO(occasionally) and HOME and the obvious such as sick friend, funerals, weddings, etc.

Your date is neither one of those.

• You obviously dpnt know anything about girls flowers show that you were thing about them a date showed that ure being nice... you sound like a jackass.lol

• What I'm saying being on a date is showing her you like her, flowers verges on too much. Flowers are for family, home, etc but not for date...

• If anything, sometimes I will give a girl a single tulip. lol. Is that a bad idea anyway? I figured a single rose would be weird?

• My answer may be biased because tulips are my favorite flower.. :] but I agree that a rose may seem a little over-the-top for some.

• FIRST date? No...what if it's the LAST date you have with her? Flowers are nice, but I'd hold off giving her flowers until you know things are cool.