Online dating. He hasn't commented on my picture?

I'm doing the online dating thing without a picture. I messaged a guy the other day about a couple common (rare) interests that we share and we got the conversation rolling. In my profile, I mention I don't have a public picture due to professional reasons (i.e., I have clients that use online dating services).

He asked me what kind of job I have since I don't have a pic. I answered and then attached a pic. He wrote back and said something like he wasn't specifically asking for a pic -- he was just curious about my job. And then he carried on with his message/the convo.

Anyway, I guess I was expected some sort of compliment like other guys have done such as , "Btw, You look very nice!". Is this a good thing or bad thing or just neutral thing? I was thinking maybe he is not very experienced with "courting"? If he wasn't attracted to me at all, I think he would have either not replied or just replied with no effort to keep the convo going...hmmm

Most Helpful Guy

• He may be embarrassed to comment on your looks..Hey, unless a girl compliments ME, I won't usually comment on her looks, either...

And remember, he probably handles a lot of correspondence he may just be tired of small talk and not feel he needs to make compliments in an online exchange..

What Guys Said 3

• There can be a lot of reasons why he didn't comment on the picture and many of those reasons have nothing to do with how you look. The important thing is that he is still interested in you enough to want to keep talking to you. Focus on that. It's more important than what he thinks about how you look.

• I'd guess he's trying not to seem shallow. He probably would be dialing back responses if he didn't like pic.

• It isn't uncommon to hear women online complaining about how shallow men are because they mostly overlook the written profile and comment only on looks. So to stand out mainly because he is more interested in you than what he already can see anyway.

If he is still talking to you about a pic rather than more about you is a positive sign.

What Girls Said 2

• He didn't ask to see your pic for one and so ask him in the next convo what he thinks because he is playing the whole "looks are not important because I am not shallow" card it seems. He wants to see how you guys connect so that may be why he didn't ask for a pic.

• I never comment on a guys picture. the man I'm dating now I met from online too.